Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2021, 09:42 PM
Kobold

Welcome to p99.

How you enjoy the long fun journey.
Old 02-07-2021, 12:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure you have *some* ridiculously greedy people, but in my experience (I also play enchanter, now in upper 40s - though I haven't been playing much at all in recent months) everything I've bought was at or near the average price listed on the wiki (you can also check: https://unixgeek.com/last-week-P1999Green.html). Most enchanter gear is pretty affordable. I personally always sell my stuff at the average or even lower.

Yes, Green makes it even much harder than it normally is to be an enchanter due to things like not allowing the ability to cycle through targets and not letting us have the pet window like blue. I definitely would not count on green being a "fad". Green may or may not be merged into blue at some point in the future, but that would be long into the future. If you want to more easily find groups at lower and all levels, Green is where you want to be. If you just want to solo, want those QoL features, and prefer the blue economy then yeah you may want to play on that server instead.
Ya, prefer to solo, but it's ok on the QoL stuff. I can't miss them if I never experienced how good they musta been on blue lol. I can't find a workaround for the target cycle (tab next target at least works), but a workaround for the pet health is to build a /pet report health or some command into every pet action and keep an eye on the chat window

I can't switch to blue now, too much invested into green already. Saved up enough for a few armor pieces and rod of insidious glamor, finished stein of moggok quest, although I can't use the clicky on the rod for another 15 levels....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naonak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome to p99.

How you enjoy the long fun journey.

TY!
Old 02-08-2021, 12:56 PM
Banned

Update: Been practicing charming at level 18 with 151 charisma. As of now a charmed blue con mob only does about the same amount of damage as my animation pet, so there is almost no point to be charming yet. However, I charmed an even con to kill some wisps with and noticed it was doing about 14 damage per hit higher than my animation (animation does about 18-20 max hit, even con mob was doing about 34-36 max damage per hit). I’m assuming this gap is only going to continue to widen even for blue con charmed pets. The problem with charming an even con is charm breaks ALL the time. Far too dangerous even when rooting the target and sitting far away from the action. The charmed pet still makes it to me and does huge damage before I can re-charm. What I could do is root the target I want to charm as well, then pull mobs over to it. But I really should just not bother trying to charm an even con and stick to blues or even low blues ideally

The other problem is the exp loss. It doesn’t matter much now because the early levels are easy to progress in, but my charmed pet is for sure taking 50% of the exp every fight. I realize this basically puts me as worse than hybrid with the exp penalty. Even a troll sk doesn’t have a 50% exp penalty. So the workaround I’ve found is to mesmerize the mob I’m killing when it’s low, and pull the pet off it. Then I have to sit and see if the mez men blurred it. If it didn’t I have to mez again. Then I just have to nuke it once and at that point if I kill it with pet I get the full exp. The problem with this system is that it’s awkward and takes more mana, when charming already basically requires almost a full mana bar in case things go wrong. It also is counter productive to watch the mob’s health jump up by 5% after mezzing (a sign that it was memblurred I believe). Basically this means I have to heal the mob for 5% of its health just to be able to get full exp off it

Lately I just haven’t been bothering and just killing them all with the charmed pet and taking the 50% exp penalty. But I’m sure at higher levels or hell levels I’m going to have to either mem blur every thing I kill or else break charm and kill the pet first, in order to not completely handicap my exp
Closed Thread