Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 04:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auuken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like this bag drop idea lol. It cracks me up too. Is it hard for an Iskar to get a lift to EC??
Hang out around Iksar city, wait until you see a level 60 going to town, and ask them to help you with a small transfer. Considering you are only transferring very low level items I would trust anyone over level 46 with a guild tag. There's no reason to travel to EC for this. People are generally nice and trustworthy here.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

Dropped items last 5 minutes.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

I drop transfer 99% of the time. No losses yet ever 99-present even with the logout bug.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:57 PM
Kobold

Bag drop, switch toons, pick up bag. Plenty of oddball places to do that, but if you're in EC and it seems overpopulated, zone over to Nek Forest and do it there.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could always drop a bag. classic way is always best.
This is what I do, find a secluded spot in a town, put both toons there, drop a bag, log out, swap toons, login, pickup bag.

Did this in classic as well.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:42 AM
Large Bat

Does it need to be in a bag? I tried testing this by dropping a short beer and swapping toons. Of course game crashed logging out, but when I got logged back in on the other toon (at same location), the item was gone. It was easily less than 4-5 minutes.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what I do, find a secluded spot in a town, put both toons there, drop a bag, log out, swap toons, login, pickup bag.

Did this in classic as well.
If i remember right, you could also drop coin in classic (for a while).
I assume you can't drop coin on p1999 to prevent abuse - but what are some ways to xfer platinum (solo) between characters?
Sure, you can buy some expensive gems and drop them in bags - but you lose money in the deal when you pay retail price and sell wholesale price.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If i remember right, you could also drop coin in classic (for a while).
I assume you can't drop coin on p1999 to prevent abuse - but what are some ways to xfer platinum (solo) between characters?
Sure, you can buy some expensive gems and drop them in bags - but you lose money in the deal when you pay retail price and sell wholesale price.

1. Trust a stranger on the Internet, who may or may not also charge a fee.

2. Buy/sell gems, as you said, and consider the lost money an "insurance" or "transfer" fee.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dropped items last 5 minutes.
Actually, it's more like 2 minutes 30 seconds...or maybe 3 minutes...somewhere around there.

It's generally better to find a high level with a guild tag (a bigger guild) if you don't have any trustworthy friends. Even better if they're an officer of the guild. You can check their rank by targeting them and typing /guildstatus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It'll work on anon folks too, but I wouldn't ask someone anon to transfer since they're either trying to hide from their guild or they don't want to be bothered because of their tag.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 01-25-2017, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

Ground drops are the equivalent to driving without a seatbelt
Closed Thread