Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Is this event just for say 55+ then?
Old 07-24-2015, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

I understand that it needs to happen when it happens and you cannot please everyone.

That said, we've had exactly two earthquakes in Euro or Asia primetime in the last year (or more).

Because this occurs on a weekend, I'd encourage you to start it earlier in the day so that some Euros, at least, can participate.

Cloki - Lead Hippie, OMNI
Old 07-24-2015, 03:52 PM
Banned

please don't do the event on red. it will just lag.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand that it needs to happen when it happens and you cannot please everyone.

That said, we've had exactly two earthquakes in Euro or Asia primetime in the last year (or more).

Because this occurs on a weekend, I'd encourage you to start it earlier in the day so that some Euros, at least, can participate.
Europa supports this point - lets make this an event for everyone on the server

Thank you
Old 07-24-2015, 03:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so.... biggest zerg will get first pickings in raid targets? Is that how I am understanding the teleportation to zones?
I hope that the zones to be teleported into are no where close to raid targets. But regardless of that, many zones have many sought after items, and it will be hard to place people in fair places. So in a way, the biggest zerg will at least have earlier access to very sought after camps. Which is still a bit shady. So unless the zones are Iceclad Ocean or Eastern Wastes only, there will be issues. Hell what am I saying, this is p99 there will be issues regardless lol.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:01 PM
Orc

I imagine the specific time and rewards will be unveiled closer to the event.

Lets enjoy it and be thankful for all the hard work the staff put into the release and the event itself.

Edit: Earlier start time to be more inclusive is cool as well.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:03 PM
Kobold

Pretty sure Rogean is smart enough to look at server logs and figure out when peak hours are. So if he is doing it in the evening it is either because his team is most available in the evening, or because the vast majority of people who play will be available during those hours. If there are going to be 600 more people on during the 6-9pm eastern vs the 100-150 people from Europe during the 12-3 eastern, which do you think he is going to cater to?
Old 07-24-2015, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Should just spawn Velious with no raid mobs and do a sim repop some time in the first week, so that people have acclimated and gotten their port spells/teeth etc.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:09 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should just spawn Velious with no raid mobs and do a sim repop some time in the first week, so that people have acclimated and gotten their port spells/teeth etc.
^^^^^ People would be bit as hell, but not an awful idea.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Rogean, can you or another staff member comment if the C/R/FFA rules will continue with the release of velious?

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Closed Thread