Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by limit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could ask you the same question, no? Besides that, none of the information which has been publicized about EQN is in line with Darkfall at all. Other than that they are sandbox concept games, like I said. I think if you check out the videos of the SOE Live event you'll come to find we are talking about very different creatures, that's all. I'm doing my best to try to stay on top of the available information.
of course i haven't played (don't think i'm being snooty, was a genuine question because of your previous posts and i was wondering if you had some sort of access most of us don't), and at the same time i'll re-describe. eqnext looks like diablo 3 smashed with minecraft and some eq lore sprinkles on the cupcake.

i've looked at the released stuff and it's just not captivating at all. it looks like a major time sink or hyper-casual. i like a good balance like this project and eq1 which is why i'll stick around here.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:33 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
of course i haven't played (don't think i'm being snooty, was a genuine question because of your previous posts and i was wondering if you had some sort of access most of us don't), and at the same time i'll re-describe. eqnext looks like diablo 3 smashed with minecraft and some eq lore sprinkles on the cupcake.

i've looked at the released stuff and it's just not captivating at all. it looks like a major time sink or hyper-casual. i like a good balance like this project and eq1 which is why i'll stick around here.
Nothing wrong with that, it's going to take a lot to show up EQ classic.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

all ive learned from the past 10 years in mmorpg is that

1. games that are pvp oriented always tend to suck pvp wise, battleground, forced pvp fights are shit, if i want battlegrounds type deathmatch i play quake and not elf simulator 2000.

2. instances are the bane of all mmorpgs and lets be honest, how the fuck does an instance go into the term "massive multiplayer online roleplaying game" it's a single player/coop game when you're instanced, and not in the massive world.

3. good graphics equals shitty animations and bad gameplay

4. don't listen to the hype, get hyped and get depressed over how shitty it turned out.

5. Any title that mentions the word "sandbox" more then 3 times on E3 presentation are bound to fail miserably cause it's a hardcoded teambased piece of shit box that lacks the sand

Needless to say my hopes are slim for EQnext, i doubt i'll ever try it, they had some cool ideas, but so did vanguard, and look how that shit turned out
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1. games that are pvp oriented always tend to suck pvp wise, battleground, forced pvp fights are shit, if i want battlegrounds type deathmatch i play quake and not elf simulator 2000.

2. instances are the bane of all mmorpgs and lets be honest, how the fuck does an instance go into the term "massive multiplayer online roleplaying game" it's a single player/coop game when you're instanced, and not in the massive world.

4. don't listen to the hype, get hyped and get depressed over how shitty it turned out.

5. Any title that mentions the word "sandbox" more then 3 times on E3 presentation are bound to fail miserably cause it's a hardcoded teambased piece of shit box that lacks the sand

Needless to say my hopes are slim for EQnext, i doubt i'll ever try it, they had some cool ideas, but so did vanguard, and look how that shit turned out
the lord has spoken, take notes sinners.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

I plan to make millions of $ making cookie cutter cities and putting them out there for people to buy. EQNext, lining the pockets of those that enjoy sculpting/crafting stuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-13-2013, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Swish - your current signature disturbs me... badly...
Please do something with cats and bunnies... please [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

swish's sig is awesome. love that gif. just wonder how twisting the knee ligaments happens without a break. they might have a disorder...
Old 08-13-2013, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]