Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2020, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

With free accounts and vpn widely available, how are you gonna enforce this? What is preventing Joe Neckbeard from having a toon in <Zerg City> and having an alt in <Cool and Normal> and still locking ALL raid content down for himself and his "friends"?
Old 11-04-2020, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

There is no cure for substance abuse. Only a lifetime of recovery by abstaining.
Turboshok - Firiona Vie Project - retired
Turbosilk/Dangeres/Turboshock - Green - Retired
Dangeres/Turbosilk - Blue - Retired
Turbosilk - Tunare/Firiona Vie - 60 Wizard - retired
Dangeres - Tunare/Firiona Vie - 60 Shaman - retired
Old 11-04-2020, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no cure for substance abuse. Only a lifetime of recovery by abstaining.
Praying for the OP.
Old 11-04-2020, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With free accounts and vpn widely available, how are you gonna enforce this? What is preventing Joe Neckbeard from having a toon in <Zerg City> and having an alt in <Cool and Normal> and still locking ALL raid content down for himself and his "friends"?
I resent the fact that players here immediately brain storm loop holes in response to any change in the Matrix. GMs wouldn't allow that to happen on an organized large scale to circumvent a rule designed for sharing. It also sucks to raid in multiple guilds.
Old 11-04-2020, 03:09 PM
Sarnak

You mean to say this DOESN'T already happen??? I don't even have a toon over 40, but I don't see a problem with having multiple toons on multiple accounts in various guilds. Also, HOW would the GMs prevent it from happening?
Old 11-04-2020, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Things change once you're 40+. I've seen some shit. You don't know you weren't there, man.
Old 11-04-2020, 03:18 PM
Banned

The real problem is that... of the 100+ zerg armies that are on for any given 'big named' kill, it's a healthy blend of... at best... 30% play-makers and 68% warm bodies and 2% people just sitting there clicking random spells not actually being of any use or substance but collecting DKP and bidding all the same.

I kept, at best, a 70% RA during my 'p99 days', which isn't huge, but it's a lot for a working adult. Suffice it to say: I see a lot of warmbody head ass dudes in RNF that dont even come in top 20 on the parse that seem to act like they have a dog in this fight.
Old 11-04-2020, 04:01 PM
Banned

honestly, instances would solve everything

but it will ruin the game

and cheapen the accomplishment
Old 11-04-2020, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Your value as a player is not determined by your fucking parse.

Insincerely yours,

Cecily #1, 2, or 3 DPS rogue 2012-2016 (FE/TMO/Rustle)
Old 11-04-2020, 04:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your value as a player is not determined by your fucking parse.

Insincerely yours,

Cecily #1, 2, or 3 DPS rogue 2012-2016 (FE/TMO/Rustle)
When 90% of the encounters are 1) Tank. 2) everyone on a shared cleric running spam CHs. 3) Make sure bard is in cleric group. Yes, yes your value to a RAID is your dps.

Wanna run 3-man or 2-man GWurm farms? Yeah, now we're talking about some actual playing of the game. Otherwise it's "everyone get on the shared rogue, shared cleric, and lets melt these dragons. Failure to achieve victory will result in more passive aggressive reminding of how many shareds were not logged in"
Closed Thread