Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtuosos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
raids are meant to be a clusterfuck,
Is that so?
Old 11-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Sarnak

When two guilds are racing to aggro a mob first and both guilds place themselves next to the mob, clusterfucks are actually expected to happen.. part of the competition and racing.. ran into it on live all the time

--- and why are you arguing over definitions?? how i defined something in my post no way reflects what i truely believe....i have more fun sitting with a group of noobs than people do when raiding hate for the 20th time.... i think a guild full of people who love to play together would be amazing instead of a guild who played only for gods....
Last edited by Virtuosos; 11-24-2010 at 03:29 PM..
Old 11-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Kobold

Personally, I don't get the nerd hard-on over getting gear first here since everyone has done the content before. Its not like when it was new and hadn't been defeated before. Then there was a point to race to mobs. I just assumed this server would be more casual and fun, but we all find our own ways to have fun with EQ again and I'm not going to act like what's fun for me has to be fun for everyone else. The community will work it out or crumble.

The way she goes...

Last edited by Randy; 11-24-2010 at 03:30 PM..
Old 11-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just assumed this server would be more casual and fun
Your rationale is common among a lot of players on P99, but consider the alternate perspective. The words casual and fun will never be used to describe EQ or any other MMO for me.

I don't raid because it just so happens to be what my group of friends are involved in in-game. I raid every single day because it's the only way EQ is fun for me. This perspective is no better or worse, nor more common or uncommon than anyone elses. It does however, moreso than other playstyles, affect what those other players are able to accomplish on P99. I definitely do understand that..
Last edited by azeth; 11-24-2010 at 03:31 PM..
Old 11-24-2010, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I raid every single day
Wow man... seriously? On classic only content?

I'm not trying to knock you or anything, I'm just checking to make sure.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow man... seriously? On classic only content?

I'm not trying to knock you or anything, I'm just checking to make sure.
Definitely. Barring legit reasons irl.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your rationale is common among a lot of players on P99, but consider the alternate perspective. The words casual and fun will never be used to describe EQ or any other MMO for me.
Dude, was the rest of my post invisible to you? I basically said to each his own right after that. Do whatever is fun for you. I just thought this server would be a little less serious than live. I was dead wrong about that but that's why people still come back to EQ. Its community is relevant to the game more than newer MMOs and that community decides to share or compete. I am going to have fun either way.

But I think your opinion of raiding all the time is in the majority of the MMO players, hence all new/popular MMOs have instance raiding so everyone can raid all the time.

Last edited by Randy; 11-24-2010 at 04:16 PM..
Old 11-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Fire Giant

I must say any server outside of Veeshan, was/is a bunch of pussies! It's just natural progression. It helps guilds become better at raiding, and making things much more time friendly.

If you have to do 3 hours to clear fear to get to Draco? Guess what, the guild who has learned how to mobilize and pull correctly will come in, and get it within 30 mins of being there. How will the other guild who can hardly clear fear in 3 hours ever do this? Learn how to play the game by having the correct classes and numbers before even calling the raid in the first place.

I do have to say, at least on Veeshan the other guilds wouldn't follow in and leach off mobs after the first guild broke the port in area. Unless of course you were Celestial Tomb. It's just a dick move no matter who you are.

It's better just to have some raid leader talk to the other, and figure out what each guild needs and go from there. I assure you theres plenty of rot drops, or classes missing on each guild raid, so it can be shared just by talking to the other guild.

It's amazing how a conversation can start " Hey, I have about 12 people and need stuff for Pally, and Sk. Do you guys need that loot?" and team up with the other guild for a quick fear clear. I assure you, people hate being in fear more than an hour. If it can be done faster, with no cross pulling, trains, pull stealing, I'm pretty sure 90% of all people will be happy.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude, was the rest of my post invisible to you?
i wasn't desputin nor refutin, rasputin.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just off the top of my head, I can think of 12 guilds on this server that have the strength to break and clear Plane of Fear.
Lol yeah right
Closed Thread