Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Heya....

Money won't drop, but other items do. Its actually a pain if you like to do ground drops of money.

I was also in Altera Vita, Snebli, wizard. I joined just before you left, so you might not remember me --- but we certainly know many of the same old folks.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heya....

Money won't drop, but other items do. Its actually a pain if you like to do ground drops of money.

I was also in Altera Vita, Snebli, wizard. I joined just before you left, so you might not remember me --- but we certainly know many of the same old folks.
Ah man, no more coindicks for me. I did draw with summoned hammers before though, those still good? A little cumbersome but effective. Strange things happen when your raid pullers are forced to sit and wait like everyone else. https://i.imgur.com/tazmJPz.jpg

Haven't though about RA/AV and the server split in a looong time. Some people want to raid and try to compete with other servers, and some people don't want to get that serious about a game. I'm sure a lot of us are somewhere in between but in retrospect I think Povar might have suffered from Too Many Cooks. Triton wanted to be the shit, we RA nerds and housewives said hey us too, and then there's a whole plethora of guilds beneath those two also raiding... I've talked to people from other servers who said they didn't even have a major serious raiding guild. Most bossses just sat alive for weeks. BLASPHEMY.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeffo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah man, no more coindicks for me. I did draw with summoned hammers before though, those still good? A little cumbersome but effective. Strange things happen when your raid pullers are forced to sit and wait like everyone else. https://i.imgur.com/tazmJPz.jpg

Haven't though about RA/AV and the server split in a looong time. Some people want to raid and try to compete with other servers, and some people don't want to get that serious about a game. I'm sure a lot of us are somewhere in between but in retrospect I think Povar might have suffered from Too Many Cooks. Triton wanted to be the shit, we RA nerds and housewives said hey us too, and then there's a whole plethora of guilds beneath those two also raiding... I've talked to people from other servers who said they didn't even have a major serious raiding guild. Most bossses just sat alive for weeks. BLASPHEMY.
I was actually in Grey Council on Povar...moved to Xev with them. After they opened the Euro server lots of GC left and I went to Altera Vita (prob late velious iirc).
Old 01-09-2018, 06:05 PM
Large Rat

Ahh Xeffo, ya fat bastige, how ya been? Lol Narya raids. Remember when Narya got like a hundred people killed in fear and Kung, Anarlys, Woofwoof, and I broke it so they could get their bodies back? That was a hell of thing. All that lag and four toons and a bot breaking fear.

I also remember you from GC Snebli. If you joined AV around that time I might have missed it, because we had like 130 players then.

Good to see you two.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl_Shadowhawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahh Xeffo, ya fat bastige, how ya been? Lol Narya raids. Remember when Narya got like a hundred people killed in fear and Kung, Anarlys, Woofwoof, and I broke it so they could get their bodies back? That was a hell of thing. All that lag and four toons and a bot breaking fear.

I also remember you from GC Snebli. If you joined AV around that time I might have missed it, because we had like 130 players then.

Good to see you two.
I've been alright but I think I really hate myself because here I am starting from scratch on an already established server with an (apparently stagnant) economy and no chance at getting those sweet prenerfs. Going from decked out grandpa Xeffo the Reaver to a cheap-knock off reroll is kinda depressing. But whatever, I relinquished my caring for EQ back in 2003ish when I quit and... wait for it... ended up working at an afterschool program for 12 years. Turns out leading activities with groups of kids is something that leading raids actually prepares you for! Even the sour feelings at the end when prizes get distributed :P

Oh, Povar memories. I don't remember specifics of that but it does sound very familiar. I do fondly remember another Plane of Fear incident with Narya trying to break zonein with two very ragtag guild groups. I heard about it and lived up to my asshole nature back then, making temporary friends of so many little imps <3 I miss Woofwoof. Dude was crazy smart, into cryptography... his account password was some 20 digit alphanumeric case sensitive thing. I rfiemember getting it wrong about 5 times before finally getting it right and then I botched the entire encounter (in Kael at some caster offhand shield dropper who was easily killed w/charm) Oops. Last I talked to him he said he was going to open a soap and candle shop. I think he met a cute girl or somethin. Kung unfortunately would not be allowed here on p99 because he is a filthy lazy multiboxer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Uh speaking of lag though... this server is located on the east coast, yes? I was getting some gnarly 180ms constant ping the other day and that's just not gonna cut it for a twitchy pulling class like SK. Even at 100ms, the client/server always disagree about where you and NPCs are - it's incredibly frustrating when you have stopped moving on your screen and are casting a spell just fine and ah oh oh nope sorry guy it seems you were still within the last 5mm of your deceleration. Spell interrupted! So imagine that with feign death, the spell you tagged with, the NPC walking around pre-tag and the crowd chasing post-tag, all agro interactions on the way, all spells they cast, on and on and on and each every little 180ms latency exchange further compounds the problem. It was 100 today so maybe just a bad night?

tl;dr where's my fungi tunic, Beryl? Daddy needs to level!
Last edited by xeffo; 01-09-2018 at 10:42 PM..
Old 01-10-2018, 02:24 PM
Orc

i was on Povar in Blades of Law til 2005ish

find me on Agnarr
[65 wizard] Cexii (high elf) <Flames Of Reverence>
Old 01-10-2018, 02:44 PM
Large Rat

I'm playing EQ2 atm, Xef, the lag killed me daily on the P99 server. You think your SK gets tricky, try a wiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As far as what we did after EQ, I became a university professor...go figure.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Weird. Over my years I've barely dealt with any lag whatsoever
Old 01-10-2018, 03:38 PM
Fire Giant

Dude, Xeffo, you seem WAY too hung up on your past achievements from over 15 years ago. Every single post you make mentions some accomplishment that honestly nobody really cares about. I get that you're proud of them but try to relax and just enjoy p99 for what it is; a trip down memory lane and a little bit of fun. Or don't.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude, Xeffo, you seem WAY too hung up on your past achievements from over 15 years ago. Every single post you make mentions some accomplishment that honestly nobody really cares about. I get that you're proud of them but try to relax and just enjoy p99 for what it is; a trip down memory lane and a little bit of fun. Or don't.
Hey man, let him reminisce. He has all these nostalgic, very memorable experiences and seems to be feeling chatty about them. Some people may enjoy or relate to them.

That being said, I remember 15+ years ago how in Velious my ranger learned you should never lick the yellow snow.

Hope that don't bother you, me sharing that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Closed Thread