Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 03-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good find. I miss RZ.
so can we get the classic pvp level range sir? tired of this custom crap (no offense). this server is a Frankenstein of the worst mechanics of each server. xp loss without teams, FFA without item loot and proper 4 level pvp range. i am really confused on what would drive someone to put in the worst features from each live server.

i am being critical but not trolling. i really do think this server was cut and pasted together without much thought as far as ruleset and mechanics go. i couldnt do any better so if this is all we get then i will deal with it but some of the changes we are asking for are simple and most importantly classic.

4 level pvp range (no brainer)

resists closer to classic (no brainer)

removal of FFA zones (wiping a 40s group in solb with your lvl 60 isnt pvp its a slaughter)

tstaff revereted to classic stun length (1-12 seconds random)

removal of xp loss on pvp death (no brainer)

notice I am not complaining about xp. i dont care if we dont get an xp bonus. the shitty thing about this server is losing xp in pvp which is often if you arent in a guild that houses half the server.

if anything can you at least say no. i made a thread about klubba and you immediately responded. id rather you shut these classic ideas down so i can move on instead of just waiting for a reply that never comes.

also thanks for the hard work.
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 03-07-2013 at 11:26 AM..
Old 03-07-2013, 01:27 PM
Banned

I said make it 4 lvls item loot, classic resists.

However, the arm chair classic EQ devs here while I watched this server go through planning and beta had their grand plans for a slow xp vztz box.

SZ, by the way, was the *lowest* population pvp server. Reasons being that ffa is better than teams. XP loss on death discourages pvp. Legalized training there, yeah great idea.

Every rule implemented by Verant regarding RZ was for a reason, item loot was kept in for a reason. It was based on player feedback both pro and casual. Further, the EQ Emu community, esp here on red, isn't a community where I'd say "valuable feedback" gets generated.

Imagine if trading no drop items was added as a "classic element from another server" to blue?

Someone already did all their homework to make a great pvp server, Verant. The goal should be a classic RZ, not another eqemu box with broken/custom stuff with slower xp :P. Props on the MQ detector tho.

WoW and all of its clones have no item loot, fast xp all that. I was hoping for a classic pvp mmo, turns out other people are starting to realize this and want the same. I think I even saw a "make resists classic and then I'm all about item loot" from Heartbrand. I couldn't believe my eyes, I think hell had froze over.

Just understand, as I do, that blue is a priority and it was stated as such from the get go. While a priority, things like enchanter/bard mez not working on lvl 58+ players and the machine gun root kunark mage pets should be quick fixes and are extremely game breaking / immersion destroying. They need to be fixed first. We can talk about the 5% chance for a spell to land no matter what being removed which is what I think the root problem is after that. Going on my last comment, and despite what everyone will say... yes I'm playing here. Yes people just spam fetter/root/immobolize constantly in group pvp.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so can we get the classic pvp level range sir? tired of this custom crap (no offense). this server is a Frankenstein of the worst mechanics of each server. xp loss without teams, FFA without item loot and proper 4 level pvp range. i am really confused on what would drive someone to put in the worst features from each live server.

i am being critical but not trolling. i really do think this server was cut and pasted together without much thought as far as ruleset and mechanics go. i couldnt do any better so if this is all we get then i will deal with it but some of the changes we are asking for are simple and most importantly classic.

removal of FFA zones (wiping a 40s group in solb with your lvl 60 isnt pvp its a slaughter)

notice I am not complaining about xp. i dont care if we dont get an xp bonus. the shitty thing about this server is losing xp in pvp which is often if you arent in a guild that houses half the server.

if anything can you at least say no. i made a thread about klubba and you immediately responded. id rather you shut these classic ideas down so i can move on instead of just waiting for a reply that never comes.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Shameless self quote.

I certainly like all those changes except level range change. Talk about a way to blue the server up really fast.

Also, having raid dungeons with level limit is just a recipe for disaster. Perhaps the level limitation could only exist while a raid mob is up. IE, if naggy or ragefire are up, its unlimited. Immediately after they die the zone would return to level limit pvp.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

i was thinking it should be level restricted while naggy is up. 60s arent suppposed to be engaging naggy anyway. this will allow up and coming guilds a chance at progression. why should 60 mains determine who gets lower level content? lets 52s fight over the mobs, not everything is about the dominant guild here.

it would be beneficial to everyone if competition was on several levels. not just the top end ones. id love to see some progression guilds pop up. shit would be tite.
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 03-07-2013 at 05:54 PM..
Old 03-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Naggy is the key to cleric epics.

High level guilds always determine who kills naggy.

Shits classic.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

shameless (as in without shame) self quote. all i want is a response. shits classic.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Banned

Bump for drowning etc should not cause xp loss on PvP server. Faction hits received for killing a race in their home town also.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Good thread, faction hits in PvP should be a big priority.

Red99
Old 08-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Banned

4 levels, super quick and easy change get it on next patch. It makes pvp meaningful and more inviting for new players. I have no personal problems or fears with this personally inb4 trolls.

Oh yeah. It's classic. It will also give the illusion of resists working better.