Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Indigo Brotherhood is literally a bunch of warriors INSIDE a building and very hard to run into unless you're exploring. You'd have to accidentally walk in there to be killed...can continue doing all your Neriak business unhindered.

For the sake of CB being a decent XP zone, there's no reason not to be killing the orcs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As for banking - get someone to come with you to Felwithe - invis you outside - run to the bank to the wall on the banker's left, scroll back on your mouse wheel and target him from behind the wall. You can bank no problem with him that way. Just remember to get your invis partner to re-invis you afterwards.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know if the bard guild will ever like you, but you should be able to kill enough orcs to get the guards and banker to be dubious+. Take the PoD lift, go straight across the pad to the bridge, then up the ramp on the left on the 2nd tree-pad. The third pad you arrive at has the bank. You'll avoid the bard guild in this fashion and also will not pass the ranger nor druid guilds. Its the straightest shot that exists.

Cool, that route should work nicely to keep me off the bards radar. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Indigo Brotherhood is literally a bunch of warriors INSIDE a building and very hard to run into unless you're exploring. You'd have to accidentally walk in there to be killed...can continue doing all your Neriak business unhindered.

For the sake of CB being a decent XP zone, there's no reason not to be killing the orcs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As for banking - get someone to come with you to Felwithe - invis you outside - run to the bank to the wall on the banker's left, scroll back on your mouse wheel and target him from behind the wall. You can bank no problem with him that way. Just remember to get your invis partner to re-invis you afterwards.
I can bank even with the banker read to attack? He's not going to just hop through the wall and kill me for funzies?

Edit: Also never really played an evil race very far(had a ikky monk on live that I used the fd/sneak method and farmed faction like mad just to get dubious for it) so moving forward I just want a place on each continent/area that I can bank and vendor(if possible).
Old 03-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

The Felwithe banker is indifferent to everyone as far as I know - my troll SK had no problems banking there (a long time ago but still).

But yes, even at scowl he'll bank with you as long as he doesn't see you...works for my Iksar necro in North Freeport, definite scowl in there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Felwithe banker is indifferent to everyone as far as I know - my troll SK had no problems banking there (a long time ago but still).

But yes, even at scowl he'll bank with you as long as he doesn't see you...works for my Iksar necro in North Freeport, definite scowl in there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just making sure because I made it a point to target him from the door and Banker Willaen is very much ready to attack.

Now to figure out why the two guards by the bank are kos but the others are "fine" with an ogre in town, prolly druid or rogue faction mixed with the guard's faction I bet.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I don't think you can bank from the outside with Kelethin unless you move the banker in front of his desk. Worked for live, doesn't work here I think - they always path back.

That banker is on an extremely hard/impossible faction to raise, the 2 guards might share it with him.

If you've done the time in Crushbone and the Felwithe guards aren't kos, you won't need an inviser, just dont stray into the paladin guild accidentally [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

Sadly for evil races they fixed this in the last patch, the felwithe banker is now KOS to evils whereas he used to be indifferent to everyone. You used to be able to kill orcs in crush till you were nonkos to guards and be able to bank in felwithe (minus avoiding a bard or two who can also be fixed by fighting in MM).

So from a practical perspective evils are outta luck in the gfay area (minus maybe the trick swish mentioned about banking out of LOS from the banker in felwithe). I've never tried the Akanon thing but it sounds promising.

As a side note just want to confirm killing stuff in crush as an evil is meaningless from a faction standpoint. The indigo brotherhood is the DE warriors guild and very much confined to a tiny out of the way building in neriak. The only actual inconvenience of this is it makes you KOS to mobs in the DE camp in lfay, specifically one needed for the symbol of innoruuk clicky necklace evil clerics and shamans can do that casts a snare. I made this mistake on my cleric and had to have a friend charm the quest mob for me to circumvent. It was worth the mild inconvenience!
<Azure Guard>

Green
-Curare, Necromancer
Old 03-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

The banker used to be indifferent to everyone but yep, he does now scowl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

However...you can still bank with him! (this from 5 minutes ago)

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT: Same applies to North Freeport, just keep behind the wall where you enter the bank, and target the left banker once you've scrolled back on your mouse wheel.
Last edited by Swish; 03-11-2013 at 09:42 PM..
Old 03-12-2013, 02:44 AM
Kobold

Guards are apprehensive now. Emerald warriors too, going to check and see if they have any quests to raise with merchants and keep the circle going. I intend to be able to walk up to that banker and flip him the bird and walk out without a CR.

But on to my point, using the window method you can reach him and bank using 3rd person view. If you open the door the whole platform aggros to assist the banker.

Now that I can bank I just need to be able to vendor and I'm good. Think the druids/rangers still hate me and I know the bards do.

Edit: Oh holy crap guess what I just found- a way in http://wiki.project1999.org/Orc_Vest

also http://wiki.project1999.org/Shark_Meat_Quest
Last edited by Seredoc; 03-12-2013 at 02:49 AM..
Old 03-12-2013, 03:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The banker used to be indifferent to everyone but yep, he does now scowl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

However...you can still bank with him! (this from 5 minutes ago)

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT: Same applies to North Freeport, just keep behind the wall where you enter the bank, and target the left banker once you've scrolled back on your mouse wheel.
ya that's how I use nfp bank good screenshot, is a shame more people don't know about
Old 03-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

I think that the banker is on merchants of kelethin faction that can only really be raised by freeing slaves in CB.
Closed Thread