Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 09:23 PM
Aviak

I'm a skeptical guy, so I'd like to see a link to some evidence of this practice or a suggestion of such a practice. Just because people have a different opinion of the server than you doesn't mean that there's some massive conspiracy behind it all.

It's a cold fact that the delay between Kunark's release and Velious's release is, in fact, not classic. If P99 wanted to implement patches based on the timeline of when they were released during Live, they've failed. I don't really place blame on the developers since they make $0 from this server (RMT conspiracies aside). They have full time jobs and probably interests in other things. Because of that, certain bugs that have been reported endlessly are pushed aside in favor of "Velious development."

Go look at the Bugs forum. You'll see pages and pages of legitimate issues (some with multiple pages of discussion) without a single developer response. Those responsible for the health and development of the server rarely ever engage in actual discussion with the members of this forum, Nilbog aside. There just doesn't seem to be a large interest in engaging the community in a professional manner. Maybe that isn't a goal of the server owners, but it would go a long way to build trust.
Last edited by arosian; 04-17-2013 at 09:35 PM..
Old 04-17-2013, 10:30 PM
Sarnak

whiners gonna whine
Old 04-17-2013, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arosian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stuff.
The tolerance shown by the staff here is excellent, so much criticism daily for not doing something, messing something up, variance this, no adherence to timeline that...

Where would we be on the Velious timeline now? Half way through? We'd get to the end and sure enough there'd be complaints on the forum that people just started playing and there was nothing left to look forward to except some custom content maybe...

Please do keep moaning at volunteers doing something awesome on the interwebs, i'm sure it helps their motivation a shit ton to sit down and work on some content. I'd think yourselves lucky, this server is a paradise in terms of research hours and development stood next to that "other" server with quests/content from LoY and beyond sitting on a Velious server.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:14 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ain't nothing classic about being in kunark for 2 years.

If you can't figure out that is what has fucked up the server, I don't know what to tell you.
If that is the problem you may as well leave now. What do you think will happen two years after velious has been out and there isn't another expansion to look forward to?
Old 04-18-2013, 06:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestea [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that is the problem you may as well leave now. What do you think will happen two years after velious has been out and there isn't another expansion to look forward to?
Could not have said it better. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Jesus, this server is free and I think a lot of fun, so what else u going to play??
Old 04-18-2013, 07:28 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The tolerance shown by the staff here is excellent, so much criticism daily for not doing something, messing something up, variance this, no adherence to timeline that...

Where would we be on the Velious timeline now? Half way through? We'd get to the end and sure enough there'd be complaints on the forum that people just started playing and there was nothing left to look forward to except some custom content maybe...

Please do keep moaning at volunteers doing something awesome on the interwebs, i'm sure it helps their motivation a shit ton to sit down and work on some content. I'd think yourselves lucky, this server is a paradise in terms of research hours and development stood next to that "other" server with quests/content from LoY and beyond sitting on a Velious server.
I specifically said that I understand the developers have other obligations.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by formallydickman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whiners gonna whine
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]