Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-06-2013, 08:16 AM
Planar Protector

Bump*

Not having much luck finding any solid evidence of this just a lot of current players remembering it, if anyone could point me to some old forums to dig through id be happy.

the wayback machine is not turning much up for me unfortunately

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 05-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.therunes.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3664

Few posts down fanluies, its from 2004 were gettin closer!

Lets take my barbarian Shaman. Big, hairy, pink. I pop my guise, and i'm in dark elf form. Toss on a robe. Click off dark elf illusion, so now i'm a big hairy barbarian wearing nothing. Note, on Luclin models this removes Kilt, so you look like you are wearing this tiny pair of biker shorts. Great for making people look at you really strangely. Remove Gauntlets, boots. Then, turn on bear form or click AoN. Requip all items (You used to be able to take off your held stuff too with bear form, but they fixed it. It always stays.) and click off bear form/AoN skeleton. Redo Illusion of a race that can wear robes to be wearing a robe with any type of armor equipped, or go to a race that cannot wear robes to be totally naked, while wearing all your equipment.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 05-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum...hp/t-6604.html

2004 but all evidence is good.
few posts down hormadrune:
Before I got my Raex's I had the Helmet of Shadow from VT- which had a graphic. However, if you have an illusion at your disposal (Amulet of Necropotence for instance- though any illusion will work), you can work around the graphics.

1) Take helm off.
2) Click illusion.
3) Put helm on.
4) Click off illusion.
5) Observe the fact that your helm graphic has disappeared and rejoice.

Note: you need to do this each time you zone.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 07-15-2014, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

bump.

anyone know where I might find some info on this, ive checked the safehouse but nothing mentioned in our timeline.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:24 PM
Sarnak

What is this robe that dwarves can wear?
Old 07-23-2014, 08:50 AM
Sarnak

I remember doing this. Hell, I STILL do it on live. As a DE cleric, replace chest with robe, illusion into skeleton, then put chest back on. Click off illusion. Tada! Cleric in a robe. With my iksar monk, replace chest with a robe, skeleton, put regular chest back on, click off skeleton, and I was wearing a robe still. Robe graphic persisted when I clicked guise for DE illusion.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:51 AM
Planar Protector

there were a few, one in skyshrine that is all/all plain blue graphic. Shainais nighty in luclin before it stopped dropping was white.

yeah it still works on live no problem. would change my life here on p99

I can't post pics anymore 8(

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3912
Last edited by Rhambuk; 07-23-2014 at 08:56 AM..
Old 07-23-2014, 08:58 AM
Sarnak

Also:

Hormadrune...awesome guy. Was guilded with him in Order of the Flaming Shrine on EMarr for a few months [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(You linked evidence posted by him)
Old 07-23-2014, 09:20 AM
Sarnak

When illusions are applied and removed, the eqemu codebase sends out WearChange packets for the armor material slots (0 to 6, in Mob::SpellEffect and Mob::BuffFadeBySlot for SE_Illusion in the switches), which updates your appearance to what you currently have equipped. It's possible that removing that will restore this behavior, assuming that the client remembers what was showing before when you switch to a non-player race. May need to block the call to SendWearChange in Client::SwapItem when GetRace returns a non-player race as well, if the client does not block armor appearance updates itself in that case.

edit: on the other hand some illusion spells likely overwrite all your armor textures by setting their own texture value. Probably need WearChange for those; might need to make a special case for illusions that don't set a specific texture.
Last edited by Zaela; 07-23-2014 at 09:26 AM..
Old 07-24-2014, 07:11 AM
Sarnak

Tested. Removing these parts from the SE_Illusion cases of Mob::SpellEffect and Mob::BuffFadeBySlot
Code:
for(int x = 0; x < 7; x++){
	SendWearChange(x);
}
appears to be sufficient to cause this behavior. Client does appear to ignore WearChange packets received while a non-player race, does remember what you looked like before and does restore things correctly even when removing an illusion that sets a specific texture.

Makes sense that they would only have sent WearChange packets when you actually moved items around your visual slots as well. If they wanted to refresh armor slot appearances every time an illusion was set or removed, they presumably would have baked that into the illusion packets.

another quick and easy, if tiny one~

edit: I guess it's possible that other players/mobs are handled differently (only tested for self) but seems reasonable that the client would handle self the same as others in this case. Also worth noting that anyone who zones in after you do this trick will certainly see what you are actually wearing.
Last edited by Zaela; 07-24-2014 at 07:13 AM..