Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 02:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i tried camping Drosco for a pretty long time, never saw him once. maybe i was in the wrong spot. eventually i said "screw it, its not worth the EXP i'm missing by being here."
I tried on Red too, waited there for 2 hours killing cubes, He might be a rare spawn....
Old 11-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowlife [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
he spawns in the circular room with a large rat to the left and right of the center spawn which is either a cube or drosco, upon spawning the cube or drosco exit the circular room, go around a wall, and cross a small bridge that has a fire beetle sitting on it.

the rats are social with each other so dont touch them.

Most direct route to Drosco is the sewer opening at the S. Qeynos Fishing Docks. Heres a map.

http://wiki.project1999.com/images/QeynosCats2.jpg

if you hear some garbled .wav file voice say "spare a copper milord?", your copy of titanium isn't haunted, the begger NPC says it from time to time and its fucking creepy.
same room as the nesting rats that drop that 3CHA locket?
Old 11-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Fire Giant

I took maybe an hour to get drosco to pop for me on Red. Lemme MS Paint you some more specific info.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Lowlife; 11-05-2013 at 03:39 PM..
Old 11-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

yeah thats the exact room i was clearing. worked at it for like four hours or more. guess i was just unlucky.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Sarnak

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=407 Deepwater Harpoon. 18/40 2h 5 sta 5 wis
Old 11-06-2013, 04:26 AM
Planar Protector

From a min/max standpoint, you're best bet is to grind bone chips, silk, and leather padding for 100-150pp and buy a Baton of Faith.

The BT staff is not what it was a year ago (procmod of 315 got rightfully nerfed).

If you're just doing this for fun, the above suggestions work in addition to the Shining Star of Light and Koadavie Falchion.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=407 Deepwater Harpoon. 18/40 2h 5 sta 5 wis
Deepwater Harpoon (psssst, it's a halberd, don't tell the geniuses at verant tho) was great pre-Kunark, made almost as much pp selling those as banded armor back on live.

But, unless you're hell-bent on do-it-yourself gearing, pasi is dead on correct about the Baton of Faith as best budget option. Nothing else compares really (although the DW Harpoon will do almost the same damage until L20.)
Closed Thread