Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 08:41 PM
VIP / Contributor

I'm gonna have to take a cue from Haynar and start making people stand in the corner.
What you want is the First Time EQ Experience all over again. It's understandable, everyone that experienced it knows what it was like. But, and I want you to absorb this, IT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME. Not ever. No matter how hard you try.

I hope you find what you're looking for, but it will never be the way you want it, even if they were able to make it 100% exactly like it was at launch.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm gonna have to take a cue from Haynar and start making people stand in the corner.
I don't follow. Did I miss some patch notes about this somewhere?
Old 09-19-2010, 09:31 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go get in a corner...
Haynar
What you want is the First Time EQ Experience all over again. It's understandable, everyone that experienced it knows what it was like. But, and I want you to absorb this, IT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME. Not ever. No matter how hard you try.

I hope you find what you're looking for, but it will never be the way you want it, even if they were able to make it 100% exactly like it was at launch.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

Right, so the issue was apparently that a melee pushback system wasn't working, so P99 instead used to have a straight-up chance of interrupt per hit. With this system, my ogre was not being interrupted by melee from the front, ever. Then when I made this thread, the melee pushback system was apparently put in, and my ogre started getting interrupted from the front. And now he's not anymore. I still don't really understand what's going on and what the intended behavior is. Are ogres supposed to get spell interrupted from the front by melee attacks, or not? (To reiterate, I'm talking about both bash and normal melee attacks; bash not stunning from the front has been working the whole time.)
Old 09-19-2010, 10:49 PM
VIP / Contributor

It was a joke. Stand in the corner.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was a joke. Stand in the corner.
I CAN NEVER TELL WITH YOU ;_;
Old 09-19-2010, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

Update on this: currently, none of my casters appear to be getting interrupted by melee (unless they get stunned by bash). Not even a 'you regain concentration' message. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 09-19-2010, 11:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Update on this: currently, none of my casters appear to be getting interrupted by melee (unless they get stunned by bash). Not even a 'you regain concentration' message. Can anyone confirm this?
I haven't gotten a "you regain concentration.." message in all the 16 levels that my enchanter has been around. Should probably be looked into.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 09-19-2010, 11:57 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via ICQ to Qaedain Send a message via AIM to Qaedain Send a message via MSN to Qaedain

In 404,022 lines of combat logging (54MB), I have never received a "regain concentration" message. This log spans 6/28/2010-Present.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaedain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In 404,022 lines of combat logging (54MB), I have never received a "regain concentration" message. This log spans 6/28/2010-Present.
I've gotten plenty of them, just not as of late. Used to be that I'd get them on casters other than my ogre shaman, then my ogre shaman started getting them, now no one seems to get them.
Closed Thread