Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 01:46 AM
Orc

Buff timers are not quite ready for prime time yet, but I made good progress tonight

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-04-2014, 03:43 PM
Orc

Some things I've learned. The wiki has some bad information, for instance on "Inferno Shield", it lists the CastOnOther as "Someone is enveloped by flame.", which is incorrect, it should be "Someone is enveloped in flame." So even after I support all buffs, I'll need screenshots of those messages when the timers don't work so they can be fixed.

My buff duration calculations are proving wrong as well. For instance, Inferno Shield lasts from 1.7 minutes at level 29 to 3.9 minutes at level 65, according to the wiki. I'm getting the actual duration at level 31 like this:

Duration in seconds = (1.7*60) + (((60*3.9) - (60*1.7)) / (65 - 29)) * (31 - 29)

which is ~1:48, but when I cast Inferno Shield at level 31, the duration is exactly 2 minutes. Does that mean the spell duration doesn't slide at even intervals, or does it mean that this is "broken" in P99, or does it mean the wiki is wrong? I don't know how to answer these questions. Still.. until I get a firm answer, I'll leave what should be correct math in place.

Edit: changing the max level of the spell to 60 (from 65), but using the same 3.9 minute duration @60 yields a time that is exactly 6 seconds off, which is 1 tick. Looks like I've got valid math by using the max level of 60 and adding 1 tick. I'm going to go with that; I'll have to watch it for awhile on my own buffs to know how accurate it is.
Last edited by Thatt; 10-04-2014 at 03:48 PM..
Old 10-04-2014, 04:13 PM
Orc

Also, burnout has a duration of 15 mins according to the wiki, but burnout2 has a sliding duration like I described above.. I doubt that's right, but I've got to base things on something, so the wiki will be the standard until someone shows me better information.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Orc

VERSION 0.1.2.7
- Added the ability to add and manage alerts for anything in the log. You can use it to watch auction for "a broom" or chime when someone asks for a "cc". This list does not reflect alerts from the equipment list. Click on the options button to set these alerts.
- Added buff timers for magicians. Either necromancer or enchanter will be next- a necromancer made the feature request, but I'm also sort of excited to add Mezz timers for the enchanter.
- Character level will now be stored. This was made necessary by buff timer duration calculations.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Pet buffs are all around 5minutes at the moment. There have been numerous pleas to have this fixed, but as of yet they're still roughly 5 minutes (think it might be like 5min, 36 seconds).

Lots of info in the wiki I think was pulled from lucy or eqemu and is not guaranteed to be accurate (at least for spells).

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 10-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pet buffs are all around 5minutes at the moment. There have been numerous pleas to have this fixed, but as of yet they're still roughly 5 minutes (think it might be like 5min, 36 seconds).

Lots of info in the wiki I think was pulled from lucy or eqemu and is not guaranteed to be accurate (at least for spells).
I'm finding that the wiki information is very wrong for nearly all spells. I created a level 1 shaman to test some things, and it seems that the only way to get this information is by actually observing the spells. My scaling math works well, but discovering the high level and high duration for every spell has to come from players. I won't be adding new buff timer functionality until I have data, and the only data I'm collecting at this time is for shaman. If anyone wants a particular spell supported, send me the name of the spell, the level of the player that cast the spell, and the duration. I'll add manual entries as they're requested.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Orc

VERSION 0.1.2.8
- When adding a bufftimer, first look for an existing elapsed buff timer with the same char/spell.
- Added a "max spawn timer count" setting in the options screen.
- Hitting the + button will add a spawn timer regardless of the current options.
- Timer panels have been reduced in size dramatically.
- Spawn timers will now appear before any buff timers in the list.
- Buff timers will now be ordered by character name and then spell name.
- Buff timers will now pause when zoning.
- Added North Ro spawn time.
- Shaman spells through level 10 are supported.
- "Your xxx spell has worn off" messages will now be added to the log window. If the WornOff.Wav file exists, it will be played. This option can be disabled in the options screen.
- Spell resists will now be added to the log window. If the Resist.wav file exists in the media\wav folder, it will be played. This option can be disabled in the options screen.
- When you are blind, all messages will be logged. This option can be disabled on the options screen.

I should point out that I'm now using smaller images in the timer panels, if you just downloaded the exe, you should get the images out of the full distribution archive.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:41 AM
Orc

VERSION 0.1.2.9
- Shaman spell durations are now correct through level 12.
- Added the option to only show bufftimers when they have less than 1 minute remaining.
- Group experience messages will now trigger spawn timers.
- Log window will now auto scroll to the bottom as items are added.
- Only buff timers for YOUR character will pause during zoning now.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:31 PM
Aviak

This looks like a great utility. Is it possible for you to host on Git? I prefer to build it myself and not to download zip files from Dropbox. I look forward to trying it out.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetlag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This looks like a great utility. Is it possible for you to host on Git? I prefer to build it myself and not to download zip files from Dropbox. I look forward to trying it out.
Since noone other than myself is using it, I've been hard coding changes depending on the class I'm playing.. frankly getting lazy about it. If you have Delphi installed and can compile it, I'll get the source to you. I use svn for work, so I'm using that to version my source, rather than git.