Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 05:00 AM
Aviak

if you believe that history repeats itself....
Then one day the MMO industry will pull it's head out of it's ass and make something as good as Original EQ.

Until then we got p99. I came here for a little dose of nostalgia, but it has been almost 2 months and I feel like I'm just warming up.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Large Bat

Time flies.

It's weird. I got into EQ while I was on hiatus from college for about 2 years. I was 20 years old and pretty foolish as a young adult. Back then it felt like you had all the time in the world.

Now i'm 35. My wife in pregnant with my first kid. I work full time and go to University part time. Weird how life changed so much in the last 15 years. Guess this is why it's nice to still have something from a time way back when gaming was so different.

As such, I know I used to do AoE farming in Chardok with a Chanter and Wizard. We're you the enchanter with us? Can't remember anymore.

I also remember camping Nagafen's cave for 56 hours straight (dear god we stayed up for 56 hours straight !!!!) with Dystopia for his epic quest. There was 3 or 4 of us and I can't remember who it was anymore. I just remember slightly hallucinating by the end from lack of sleep. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2014, 10:59 AM
Aviak

I wish I had memories and friends [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I give you a friendship offering

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2014, 02:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormseekerV [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Time flies.

It's weird. I got into EQ while I was on hiatus from college for about 2 years. I was 20 years old and pretty foolish as a young adult. Back then it felt like you had all the time in the world.

Now i'm 35. My wife in pregnant with my first kid. I work full time and go to University part time. Weird how life changed so much in the last 15 years. Guess this is why it's nice to still have something from a time way back when gaming was so different.

As such, I know I used to do AoE farming in Chardok with a Chanter and Wizard. We're you the enchanter with us? Can't remember anymore.

I also remember camping Nagafen's cave for 56 hours straight (dear god we stayed up for 56 hours straight !!!!) with Dystopia for his epic quest. There was 3 or 4 of us and I can't remember who it was anymore. I just remember slightly hallucinating by the end from lack of sleep. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, that was me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I was the enchanter, Occocius might have been the wiz. I usually did AoE groups with either Occocius or Uvavu as the wizzies. I'm still in touch briefly with Uvavu. He lives in the UK so we're on different timelines, but social media has been good about allowing us to poke in and say hi at times.

You know, when we did Dyst's Ragefire camp, I'd only known him for about a week by that point. We met in Old Seb and I was LFG and he was drunk and needed an enchanter for 4R but nobody was there except me, and I was a level or two lower than what he wanted. He took me anyway, and we had a great group without any wipes. The next week he asked if I wanted to hang out, and I'd never seen a cleric epic fight before, so I went along not knowing what I was getting into. I was all of 56 by then? And I stayed up for the whole thing (crazy, I love Dyst but I couldn't do that again haha) and he was all, "Yeah you're cool, we're BFFs now" and to this day he and I still keep in touch. I've visited him in AZ, he's visited us in SoCal, he's met my family, and we're in each other's business on Facebook all the time and it wouldn't have happened if not for that one drunken night in Seb.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyblunts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish I had memories and friends [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I give you a friendship offering

You know my heart. Toast and butter! Let's be friends [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Then we can make memories!
Old 10-22-2014, 02:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeisenne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello all!

I used to play an enchanter on the Innoruuk server back from Jan 2000 to June 2004 named Jeisenne. Everything was moved to the Veeshan (now Luclin server) in 2005 when I gave my account to my husband (part of our divorce, I'm not kidding), and then last October after nearly 9 years of WoW, I got burned out and came back. Mostly out of nostalgia, but I really just wanted to hang out in Kelethin.

I play actively on Luclin as a magician and an SK, but it's missing that magic.

So here I am.

Hello [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Happy to be here. Noob days all over again!
Old 10-22-2014, 03:08 PM
Aviak

Old 10-22-2014, 03:13 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for the help with Ragfire yawl! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2014, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeisenne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I gave my account to my husband (part of our divorce, I'm not kidding)
LOL! My husband better not get any ideas about custody of my p99 account in our divorce. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Welcome to the server.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:34 PM
Sarnak

welcome to the server jeis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Dont forget im damaged goods now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Nobody is perfect, including the staff.
Closed Thread