Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Make corpsing a bannable offense?
YES 171 51.66%
NO 100 30.21%
Don't Care 60 18.13%
Voters: 331. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 01:01 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducket [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't tell me that if 80% or more of your entire playerbase want it gone you would still keep it... Seems kind of silly to keep it in place just because it was in the game 15 years ago.
We totally do this all the time. Nilbog really doesn't care if something drives away players so long as it's classic. We all pretty much share that mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducket
Also, I bet if you outlawed corpsing you would make a lot of RMTers really angry. Isn't that a win too?
Already do this all the time. Don't want to push them too far, might get shot in a dark alley.

Corpsing lore items isn't a game breaking thing anyway. I know it seems like a huge deal right now, but that sentiment will slowly fade and it will slowly go from world-ending importance down to minor gripe.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:07 AM
Sarnak

Could you imagine a sky w/ no corpses?
Old 11-10-2014, 01:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We totally do this all the time. Nilbog really doesn't care if something drives away players so long as it's classic. We all pretty much share that mentality
Enable guildwar please. It is a classic feature after all

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Old 11-10-2014, 01:14 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfertal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would you assume item farmers are associated in RMT??
He is just butt hurt. Not one single ring looted by <The Illuminati> has been RMTd. I sold one MQ for plat and have given away about 5 more. Second has sold most of his for plat to finance a cleric epic MQ and given away a few other MQs. Dilaxzar and Soulsummenor have a couple as well, but all MQd to their alts or sold for plat. No RMT.

So what he is telling the world is that a guild with 4 people over level 50 are holding that camp down and not letting anyone else on it. There are a lot of folks who have gotten rings over the last couple weeks who know different.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:27 AM
Aviak

Lets ban everything that everyone doesn't like, that way we will have nothing and nothing to do.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:51 AM
Planar Protector

If you are farming Jboots to carry out RMT, you probably aren't doing it right.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:03 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately is classic and will not be changed.
Actually GM's did not let you corpse stuff like Sky keys during classic. So while technically it was possible, it was enforced to not be feasible.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:07 AM
Sarnak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually GM's did not let you corpse stuff like Sky keys during classic. So while technically it was possible, it was enforced to not be feasible.
Tunare GM's revived Guilds sky corpses on server resets. Obviously this is not universal.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-10-2014, 02:21 AM
Fire Giant

I don't see any reason to remove corpsing items. If I remember correctly, it has been stated that if a mob is being camped, and the item drops, the camper cannot corpse that item, and then continue camping if someone else is waiting in line for the camp. Once the item is dropped, the camper is to pass the camp on to the next.

This removes every problem I have with corpsing of lore items.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:37 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was never a thing on my server. People corpsed pretty much whatever they wanted. Then again, we had crazy lenient/uncaring GM's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uteunayr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see any reason to remove corpsing items. If I remember correctly, it has been stated that if a mob is being camped, and the item drops, the camper cannot corpse that item, and then continue camping if someone else is waiting in line for the camp. Once the item is dropped, the camper is to pass the camp on to the next.

This removes every problem I have with corpsing of lore items.

^that
Closed Thread