Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Sad part about windows is that since 7 came out they sent out 1 update that actually checked for fake windows keys. I've been using the same hacked version of windows 7 since before it came out for retail. Installed on 100+ computers aslong as you hide the 1 microsoft update(KB910733) or something like that you are in the clear.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:12 PM
Kobold

Steam Os? I must look into this.

Yeah Thulak, I really had no desire to leave winxp behind. The purchase of SSD's were the motivating factor.The OCZ forums had quite the interesting restucturing of windows to get SSD's to not eat themselves alive. After performing those mods for winxp and vista, win 7 was worth it. Win7 and XP are my 2 purchased microsoft products.

Windows is an absolute pisspoor OS, always has been. It is designed to have holes in it. Each generation, they add more layers to the core and making more holes.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:17 PM
Kobold

Ok looks like the steam OS is their own Linux version. It has the same pitfalls I have went through already. I had to burn Unbuntu to a disc because I dont have a flash drive that will act bootable. My mobo supports it, the drive itself does not. etc, etc.

http://http://store.steampowered.com...s/buildyourown
Old 03-21-2015, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sad part about windows is that since 7 came out they sent out 1 update that actually checked for fake windows keys. I've been using the same hacked version of windows 7 since before it came out for retail. Installed on 100+ computers aslong as you hide the 1 microsoft update(KB910733) or something like that you are in the clear.
Done the same, but there was an update around September/October last year that caught me... not sure on the number.

Just clicking the box away each time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT: Found that update and uninstalled it, if that works I owe you a beer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-21-2015, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Done the same, but there was an update around September/October last year that caught me... not sure on the number.

Just clicking the box away each time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT: Found that update and uninstalled it, if that works I owe you a beer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can send you the activator i use on non genuine windows if you want just PM me. One that KB update is run uninstalling it wont revert back but after you uninstall it you can run the activator to get it back to genuine.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:15 PM
Fire Giant

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus

?????
Old 03-21-2015, 03:56 PM
Kobold

Well I got windows reinstalled, upgrading win7 to win7 did the trick. I did however botch the dual boot. Windows does tend to be greedy with drive assets. None the less, by some miracle Unbuntu is working with the wireless stuff. 3rd install is the charm I guess. I will say this, whatever driver they use for older ATI cards really works. Movie trailers look pretty darn crisp. Looks like this old 5850 has some life in her yet.
Closed Thread