Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-05-2015, 10:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
have you tried getting into the eqconfig and changing the resolution to something basic like 800x600? I know oddball resolutions cause a lot of people a lot of grief..
Can you give me the exact filename? I have no eqconfig file [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. I have 1 config file which literally has nothing in it, and I have one .cfg file eqfecfg which only has Language {1}.

Maybe I'm missing files?

*edit* I assume they are .ini files, which one specifically has the default resolutions set?
Last edited by Kope; 04-05-2015 at 10:32 AM..
Old 04-06-2015, 10:37 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gourmir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was able to launch the game and play one time about a week ago, and now when I came back to play again I have this frustrating problem.

After logging in and everything properly I get to the server selection screen and choose the server I wish to play on and then suddenly the game just closes. No crash, no error, no nothing.

I have spent approximately 8 hours trying to troubleshoot this issue to no avail, and I am at wit's end. The only thing I've seen remotely close to this issue is a window resolution problem, but I have tried many different resolutions and windowed mode and there is no change whatsoever. I have completely deleted all of the files and re-extracted them 3 or so times, one of which was the files of a friend who is able to play as I write this.

If anyone could help me out on this, I'd really appreciate it.
Are you by chance running teamviewer? Close it out, including the system tray icon, and try it again. It is a known issue with wineq2 and teamviewer. I had the same thing happen, and had to hunt around for a solution.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:54 AM
Fire Giant

The file is eqclient.ini in the root of your EQ folder. These settings will set your window to 800x600 windowed - once in the game you can use the video settings to futz around with different resolutions...

[Defaults]
WindowedMode=TRUE

[VideoMode]
Width=800
Height=600
WidthWindowed=800
HeightWindowed=600
WindowedWidth=800
WindowedHeight=600
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 04-06-2015, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

also tried a fresh install

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 04-06-2015, 06:45 PM
Large Bat

Default Omg, I'm not the only one!

Exact same thing is happening to me. I used to be able to log on just fine, then this morning I get disconnected from game while zoning. (Which is not uncommon) But this time, when I go to log back in, I get to the server selection screen and can't go any further. When I click my server, and press Play it freezes there for a couple minutes before booting me back to the Login page.

And just before I posted this I tried the last suggestion of changing the resolution in the game files but unfortunately that did not fix the issue.

/BUMP the hell out of this please!
Old 04-06-2015, 07:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderPressure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exact same thing is happening to me.
No it's not, you're describing a totally different problem. Sounds like your network latency is extremely high - I had the same problem and symptoms and raised hell with my ISP til they fixed it.

The other folks appear to be having problems with video resolution, which has nothing to do with your issues.

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 04-06-2015, 10:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgellan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The file is eqclient.ini in the root of your EQ folder. These settings will set your window to 800x600 windowed - once in the game you can use the video settings to futz around with different resolutions...

[Defaults]
WindowedMode=TRUE

[VideoMode]
Width=800
Height=600
WidthWindowed=800
HeightWindowed=600
WindowedWidth=800
WindowedHeight=600
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0

Regards,
Mg
I did this, no change [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Rogean?
Old 04-07-2015, 12:52 AM
Fire Giant

Actually probably a side note as well...about the same time this started happening, project1999.org is no longer redirecting me to the site...I doubt both things are connected...but possibly? I use the patcher Rogean posts so I'd assume it should be fine but...maybe a setting from a long time ago I need to change?
Old 04-07-2015, 10:53 AM
Fire Giant

Another thing is I actually have EQ live installed, could the files be overwriting each other possibly? I recopied my titanium folder which should be usable but the same issue is happening...which makes me think either live is overriding my p99 files, or something of the sort?
Old 04-07-2015, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

sidenote: whilst changing nothing, 1 in about 20 attempts works for logging in at server select.. the rest are usually booted immediately to desktop.