Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 08:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguejm11 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Although I am a high level SK, my suggestion would be a Paladin.

The server needs more Paladins, and if you know its a class you would enjoy, we would like you for it. lol
My first character on P99 was a Dwarf Paladin. I got him to level 2 and saw my experience bar basically stop due to the 40% xp penalty. Holy cow. I have tremendous respect for all of you palys/sks out there. I may ultimately try a Paladin, but only if I twink him to the gills. hahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebobby3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ok thats what i thought ... but for the sake of just wanting to know lol lvl 1-60 are on P99 so those for a iksar SK are at 168%. if i honestly knew the exact amount of exp per lvl i could figure it out but i dont know lol.

all i know is any race thats an SK has a high exp penalty ... for example ... your lvl 20 and your friend is lvl 20 ... he is a cleric human and your a ikky SK ... you both dinged lvl 20 at the same time (yeah yeah just go with it)... from what i understand, when he is at 100% exp (ding 21) your at 32% into lvl 20 (32+68=100 lol) so therefor a 68% exp pen.

yeah it sucks but that is Everquest classic ... halfing rogues get a bonus to exp rather than a penalty so lol.
Yup. Crazy to think of all that experience it takes. I'd argue SKs/Palys/Rangers are the worst classes to level first until the hybrid penalty is lifted. They take forever. You'd have much better luck leveling something else first and then outfitting a SK/Paly/Ranger. That makes experience gain so much easier due to being able to destroy higher level mobs.

But in the end, if people are prepared for that penalty and still want to play the class, go for it! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-19-2015, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

The problem with leveling one after the penalty is removed is an obvious one though - you won't get a group because there'll be another 10 in the zone advertising [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My SK (dark elf, 40%, no racial penalty) is working through 54 at the moment and you just have to accept that its painfully slow. I pretend every 1% I make on the XP bar is a normal level's 2%... so whatever I make in a session, I double it. Probably wrong, but it keeps me from hanging myself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also look forward to dealing with people who say "oh I made 1.5 yellows (30%)" in this session when you've made like 7% or something [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-19-2015, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Paladins make great pullers in Velious. They will be need even more with the Rez they get, spot heals, etc.. Good class to have in a group, even good with CC.

I know I hate on them, but their DPS is just terrible. But they do have some killer agro and make good tanks. You can do worse. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Not much, but. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-19-2015, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebobby3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
for example ... your lvl 20 and your friend is lvl 20 ... he is a cleric human and your a ikky SK ... you both dinged lvl 20 at the same time (yeah yeah just go with it)... from what i understand, when he is at 100% exp (ding 21) your at 32% into lvl 20 (32+68=100 lol) so therefor a 68% exp pen.
You would be at 60% exp. The penalty does not reduce your exp gained (1 - .68), it actually increases the amount of experience required per level (1.68 for one level), so if they gain 1 level, and you're working on 1.68 level, it would be 1/1.68 or 60%.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Closed Thread