Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should they make the server fun?
Yes (im not in Empire) 32 46.38%
No (im not in Empire) 13 18.84%
Yes (im a member of Empire and would love competition) 7 10.14%
No (im a member of Empire and i want to continue raiding with 60% of the population) 17 24.64%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 01:22 AM
Planar Protector

server is fun empire is letting people kill dragons wut do u mean
tmo can contest kunark
Old 08-06-2015, 01:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I really want is to farm dragons uncontested, but have some raid PVP that I win all of the time.

Oh wait I have that.
I think maybe your best post ever.

Not saying a lot but still.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tmo can contest kunark
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-06-2015, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

The ways to fix it:

1.) Banish all additional guild members from a zone over a certain number; 54 should be the limit IMO. There's nothing in the game, aside from Avatar of War, that can't be handled with those numbers. If you can't handle it with those numbers, then those 54 people are not geared well enough and/or not working well enough together and/or it's the wrong combination of classes. This player limit will count all guild members who were in the zone within the past 2 minutes, so people can't just plan to zerg in waves.

2.) If a player who is camped out or in another zone has a buff on a player where 48+ guild members are already at, or if any summoned items from a camped out or out-of-zone player exist in zone where 48+ guild members are at, all of those things will disappear. Thus, guilds can not get around the player limit by simply having their buffers or mod-rod summoners camp/zone before a fight. (I imagine this would probably be the hardest part to code, iz possible?)

3.) Make players be unable to rejoin the same guild for 4 weeks after leaving and only able to switch guilds once per 4 weeks. That way people can not get around the rules very easily. Guilds are allowed to select 1 "trivial" zone as their base, in which the player cap limits do not apply. This base is allowed to be changed once every 4 weeks.

4.) GM's shall intervene and punish multiple guilds that are actually the same guild and only in separate guilds in order to get around the rules. Similarly, individuals who constantly stay unguilded and yet play with a certain guild will be punished.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

inc <Empires>, <Emperors> and whatever other variations to not get locked out. Some quick officer admin could probably switch people around before heading in.

This all sounds very blue.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The ways to fix it:

1.) Banish all additional guild members from a zone over a certain number; 54 should be the limit IMO. There's nothing in the game, aside from Avatar of War, that can't be handled with those numbers. If you can't handle it with those numbers, then those 54 people are not geared well enough and/or not working well enough together and/or it's the wrong combination of classes. This player limit will count all guild members who were in the zone within the past 2 minutes, so people can't just plan to zerg in waves.

2.) If a player who is camped out or in another zone has a buff on a player where 48+ guild members are already at, or if any summoned items from a camped out or out-of-zone player exist in zone where 48+ guild members are at, all of those things will disappear. Thus, guilds can not get around the player limit by simply having their buffers or mod-rod summoners camp/zone before a fight. (I imagine this would probably be the hardest part to code, iz possible?)

3.) Make players be unable to rejoin the same guild for 4 weeks after leaving and only able to switch guilds once per 4 weeks. That way people can not get around the rules very easily. Guilds are allowed to select 1 "trivial" zone as their base, in which the player cap limits do not apply. This base is allowed to be changed once every 4 weeks.

4.) GM's shall intervene and punish multiple guilds that are actually the same guild and only in separate guilds in order to get around the rules. Similarly, individuals who constantly stay unguilded and yet play with a certain guild will be punished.
GMs should enforce a server of Zuranthiums that afk for 95% of the time and lure of frost their own group members the other 5%.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

Need GMs first
Old 08-07-2015, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
inc <Empires>, <Emperors> and whatever other variations to not get locked out. Some quick officer admin could probably switch people around before heading in.
Who would be getting added in? People wouldn't be allowed to be continually deguilded/guilded and trying to set up multiple guilds as one guild would cause everyone involved to be suspended. There would still be room for a couple little sneaks here and there but by in large it would force more guilds or at least force large guilds to not be able to have numbers advantage for specific fights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GMs should enforce a server of Zuranthiums that afk for 95% of the time and lure of frost their own group members the other 5%.
You sound pressed. Just realize that if I had more to do, then I would.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who would be getting added in? People wouldn't be allowed to be continually deguilded/guilded and trying to set up multiple guilds as one guild would cause everyone involved to be suspended. There would still be room for a couple little sneaks here and there but by in large it would force more guilds or at least force large guilds to not be able to have numbers advantage for specific fights.
I think you're overestimating the GM time commitment required...and based on that, the number limit won't be put in.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tmo can contest kunark
Tmo can't contest Draco. And didn't they just lost a bunch more peeps to friends? May the fucking begin
Closed Thread