Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know, this woe of yours can easily be avoided by asking if anyone is camping something in OOC.
I don't know about others but when I'm in a group I don't tend to read /OOC chatter. I do however respond to camp checks in /shout (which I know does not solve the issue).
Old 01-14-2010, 04:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyyfeleech [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this new anon thing. /who all oot (2) lvl 24's. Run there...3 anons camping Alliz. Okay /who all gukbottom (completely empty) get there...5 anon enchanters camping the entire zone. Really a HUGE waste of ppl's time so that a couple guilds can raid w/o the other knowing where they are. Anyone else feel the same way or should I just STFU?
You know.. / all <zone> wasnt' even classic. so be thankful you can at least see the non-anon people!
Old 01-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know.. / all <zone> wasnt' even classic. so be thankful you can at least see the non-anon people!
You sure?
Old 01-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Aviak

Someone that's anon is anon for a reason and most likely isn't going to respond to a camp check. That said, this argument is trivial, be thankful you can even /who a zone at all.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:40 PM
Large Bat

But, you can make a decision on whether to make that long run somewhere based on the knowledge or who is in a particular zone (whether or not they would respond to a camp check). If you can't see folks that are anon you end up running a long way for nothing. Agree with OP on this.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

All part of the game.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 01-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Fire Giant

I say stop trying to burn the immersion. I, as well as some others probably, remember running half way across Antonica to get a camp that was already taken. There was no sure-way to tell back then and that's what made it fun. The mystery and adventure of it all.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

that's why i flirt with every female character ingame even though they're probly guys irl -- i REALLY need my immersion
Old 01-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

It's true....I've seen Karsten flirting with them female troll merchants in Grobb.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 01-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

once in a while it works, and when i'm especially lucky it's like some 45 year old with five kids who lives in montana or something, and then i really open the floodgates