Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 07:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With all due respect this post sounds as if you're holding others to a standard that you have put upon yourself based on how you view the game was designed to be played.

While I completely agree with you on the fact that EQ is a better game (and designed) to be done with others grouping up and such ect, I don't think anyone should have to explain why they want to go /anon nor do I feel that there is anything wrong with the fact that people go /anon. They have the right to play the game the way they enjoy.

Maybe some people like this game for other reasons then the group dynamic? Maybe they hate people and want to play as isolated as possible? there are thousands of different reasons behind why someone chooses to go /anon....

Maybe try not expecting other people to view (and play) the game the way that you do?
Thanks to everyone for their insight!

I expected I might get a response like this. I believe people are free to play EQ or P1999 any way they want either /anon or non-anon. I respect that. I agree with you, nobody should have to justify why they are /anon. All I wanted to do was find out *why* some people are going /anon so I can better understand and empathize with them.

That said, EQ was designed to be primarily a group based game using class interdependency as its core. Brad McQuaid the lead designer/producer of EQ has said as much in countless interviews. My own personal view is that /anon is contrary to that spirit. What if everyone went /anon or was automatically /anon? I think that would really make groups harder to form and erode the grouping dynamic that EQ was built around.

Part of my point is that when you go /anon it has consequences for everyone around you. The low level warrior who just started P1999 a week ago that can't find a group, may stop logging on out of frustration.

There can be no doubt that the MMORPG experience for many people has changed and been redefined since the advent of single-player MMORPGs like WoW and others. I'm just wondering if this mentality has seeped into P1999.

My own anecdotal experience with P1999 is that more players are /anon here than was the case in the first few years of EQ.

Again, thanks for all the replies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-15-2015, 07:48 PM
Kobold

Because I have a role to play, not necessarily roleplay. As King and Ruler of all Half Elven it is important I maintain character.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:08 PM
Sarnak

I have played clerics at a high end and unless i was raiding i would be be find able, most people are okay with you not resing them, but for me if they dragged the body close and can organised a port, i would if i was free.
Besides it was a fun mini game for me with some nice pp usually as well.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:15 PM
Banned

I stay /role because I'm always ready to roleplay
Old 12-15-2015, 08:24 PM
Kobold

one time a level 57 enchanter payed me 12pp to port him out of Lguk
Old 12-15-2015, 08:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valura [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
one time a level 57 enchanter payed me 12pp to port him out of Lguk
did he at least c2 you?
Old 12-15-2015, 08:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnamazing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
did he at least c2 you?
no
Old 12-15-2015, 08:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valura [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no
that's shameful. 12pp and a c2 is a good tip for any porter... but 12pp alone? he could have at least chatted you up... kissed you a little. given some erotic emotes. I'm sorry for you bud.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

I hate anon and role.

I especially hate those who are anon and role, and proceed to tell me PoK books and Luclin scions ruined the game because you no longer needed to waste other people (Druid/wizards) time with port request, when they themselves refuse to make themselves /who searchable to be accessible to others for such requests.

In summary: PoP confirmed best expansion that ever was or will be.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PoP confirmed best expansion that ever was or will be.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread