Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 01:06 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone else has pretty much touched on all the other points so I wanted to comment on this. Thanks to Velious, Druids have plenty of charm spots from 14 until 60, and it is easily the best way to make exp (the only exception being quadding 46-49ish thanks to Lumi staff).

If you're unable to kill more than 2 mobs per 10mins charming, you're doing something wrong. Are you spending mana buffing your pet? What % are you breaking charm to nuke? What mobs are you trying to charm kite?

Especially at low levels, you should only be spending mana to snare, root, charm and a low level nuke/dot to kill.. this should only run you around 100mana per kill, and you'll be medding a lot during your charm shenanigans.

Gorge hounds and other fauna in East Karana are a great spot for your level and should get you a level per hour or two max. Honestly, Druids are possibly the best charming class (when there are enough charmable targets), so learning how at low levels will do you well.

Good luck! If you need any help/tips on charm kiting you should let us know, lots of people are happy to help you out with tips/demonstrations.

This, all of this. My only other advice would be to avoid oasis like the plague. Everytime I have tried to solo there I have lost more xp than I gained. Between crappy pullers, casters and giants it just isn't worth it.

Ek was stated and if you need any aid to learn the ropes to charm killing then lmk
Old 12-22-2015, 01:11 AM
Fire Giant

You have to make your own opportunities. I started grinding on this server a long time ago by myself. It took me forever to get my buds to switch over but now we have a good group of friends and having a blast. Start slow and you'll end up where you want to be. Make your own groups, loot as much as you can, and have fun!
Old 12-22-2015, 05:23 PM
Aviak

Your absolute best option is to form a group. I always get a reliable group that way when playing my alts. I just start doing /who all <class> <lvl range> and start spam whispering. I will grab a tank/healer first if I'm neither then work from there. If I get a monk early on, I'll even hold off on a tank, most likely he can do fine lol.

TLDR; Start your own groups, you get the camp you want, and it's insanely efficient and easy here.
Most people are willing to come to a spot if you are willing to form the group.

Edit:
Most DaP members will port you for free if you don't have the funds. This was my case when I first started, I would let them know I didn't have money for a tip and they would still be ok with porting.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Well, looks like I'm late to the party. If you are looking to group up and do the exp grind then you most certainly join a leveling guild. FoH BhP Kittens, are the top 3 worth joining.

As far as getting ports, that's easy give any one of a call and someone will squeeze you into their rotation if you are at some rings. If they are busy or ignore you then kindly ask if they could throw the message up in guild chat.

On the flip side if you need a guild to be social in and have a good time then join us we will show you the ways of the Druid as well as help you get gear if need be. Just type /who all dial in game if you have any questions everyone is able to answer your questions or point you to the right person.

Happy hunting.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 12-22-2015, 05:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaunja [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you were on red server I could help you out and provide free ports as a new player. If you are on blue I can't help.
He's having a hard time finding groups on blue. There would be no way to finding any on red [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-23-2015, 03:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandAONgo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dats funny cuz i did 1-43 in the past 5 days all grinding in groups, 0 solo exp
He's saying that if he can't make a group on blue to get into a group, he definitely wont be able to get one on red, with a much smaller player base, where you definitely need to be /who to find people for a group.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastionleo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's saying that if he can't make a group on blue to get into a group, he definitely wont be able to get one on red, with a much smaller player base, where you definitely need to be /who to find people for a group.
Or you just /ooc "level xx (insert class here)" LFG. It's not hard. Also he could join Thunderdome at level 1, and would have no problems getting groups.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:01 AM
Sarnak

It's relatively easy to form groups on Red, especially for a Druid, since OOC is global. You would need to pick people up usually. But for me, it's preferable to use global /ooc while soloing, than having to go sit in a leveling zone like MM and wait for a slot to open up like you do on blue. Also, given the lower population, players on red are much less sensitive to the class composition in groups.

Back to OPs point: on all my new toons, I find the grind from ~14 to ~20 the worst. You are getting too high for Crushbone, the only other established 'grouping' areas is Unrest first floor and Oasis, and neither are ideal. Most melee twinks can solo this range easily still, up to about 20, so that limits group options. Furthermore, for most classes you don't really have all your soloing tools yet. Druids can solo this range in Oasis, but you run oom pretty quick from all the charm breaks.

Once you hit 20 options really start to open up, both for soloing and for grouping. On both the Red and Blue servers, from 20-60 there is a pretty clear zone path for finding groups. Occasionally you just can't find a group because they are full, but as a Druid, you can always ask to get on the list and go solo or port a bit. A lot of people don't like the high-population grouping zone progression path and I understand why, which is why it helps to make some friends, join a guild, and start making groups yourself.

On this server, the group hot zones are:
4-16: Crushbone
14-22: Unrest (sorta)
20-40+: Mistmoore
40-50: CoM
50-60: KC, Seb

Sometimes you can add HHK to that list for 20-34 or Solb from 36-50ish, but on Red those zones require you to bring your own group.

Last note: druid are awesome, you can solo and duo with basically any class. I loved it up until 60, but EQ really went out of their way to fuck end-game druid soloing options.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastionleo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no problem finding a group on red ever. Besides, the exp bonus is so nice, I don't have to mindlessly grind exp just to make gains and see progression. It's nice for casual pieces of poo like me.
Old 12-23-2015, 12:34 PM
Banned

I was going to make a new thread, but this one kinda covers it...

...How is Mistmooore on Blue these days? I'm a brand new EQ player...first character ever created a few weeks ago.

I have hit level 25 in Upper Guk and would like to make a move. I heard Mistmoore is the way to go if you're looking to group.

Can anyone confirm / deny this before I pack up and move?

Thanks
Closed Thread