Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 11:59 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DEX on the other hand, is more easily capped with buffs you'll find in most groups and raids.
Strange. I've been hearing mostly the exact opposite. In fact, the Wiki itself recommends "min-maxing" by putting 25 points into dexterity for all races, since dexterity is allegedly considerably difficult to cap. I decided to try going for a slightly more balanced approach favoring stamina.

As for the response above, yes -- Dwarf warriors do indeed reach 75 agility naked.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

True min-maxing warrior is all into charisma.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransurian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Strange. I've been hearing mostly the exact opposite. In fact, the Wiki itself recommends "min-maxing" by putting 25 points into dexterity for all races, since dexterity is allegedly considerably difficult to cap. I decided to try going for a slightly more balanced approach favoring stamina.

As for the response above, yes -- Dwarf warriors do indeed reach 75 agility naked.
I went full retard when I made my warrior and dumped my points in to STR. I now raid at lvl 60 and tank quite a bit wearing near BiS gear. I need PE to cap my STA (248 without PE) and my DEX hits 255 with only Focus of Spirit, which is a raid buff you'll get pretty much the second you log in to game. PE is harder to come by.

Also, if you don't need PE you can use a primal for Avatar (way end game) and get +100 atk and certainly cap off any dex or agi you were lacking.

If I had dumped my starting stats in to STA like a smart person I could swap a few gear slots for more +HP or +AC items and have a higher

I'm a barbarian if it helps for context. Too lazy to look up comparable starting stats of barb and dorf.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:22 PM
Sarnak

Gnome War is best (Velious texture helms)
Old 01-26-2016, 12:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I went full retard when I made my warrior and dumped my points in to STR. I now raid at lvl 60 and tank quite a bit wearing near BiS gear. I need PE to cap my STA (248 without PE) and my DEX hits 255 with only Focus of Spirit, which is a raid buff you'll get pretty much the second you log in to game. PE is harder to come by.

Also, if you don't need PE you can use a primal for Avatar (way end game) and get +100 atk and certainly cap off any dex or agi you were lacking.

If I had dumped my starting stats in to STA like a smart person I could swap a few gear slots for more +HP or +AC items and have a higher

I'm a barbarian if it helps for context. Too lazy to look up comparable starting stats of barb and dorf.
Well, going by the starting values for Barbarian and Dwarf stats, I'll comfortably be able to hit max STA without PE. Without putting any points into STA, a Barbarian has 105, whereas Dwarves have 100. Also, Barbarians appear to only have 70 starting DEX, whereas Dwarves have 90. Strange -- to quote the Wiki, "Aside from dexterity, stats are relatively easy to max at end-game Velious, so it is recommended to dump as many points into dexterity as possible."
Last edited by Ransurian; 01-26-2016 at 12:32 PM..
Old 01-26-2016, 12:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
STA is difficult to cap even with raid buffs for most races, dwarf included, if you don't max your starting STA.
wut
Old 01-26-2016, 12:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransurian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, going by the starting values for Barbarian and Dwarf stats, I'll comfortably be able to hit max STA without PE. Without putting any points into STA, a Barbarian has 105, whereas Dwarves have 100. Also, Barbarians appear to only have 70 starting DEX, whereas Dwarves have 90. Strange -- to quote the Wiki, "Aside from dexterity, stats are relatively easy to max at end-game Velious, so it is recommended to dump as many points into dexterity as possible."
The wiki is probably not taking in to account end game upgrades that Velious offers. Dex is easy to cap with FoS these days.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

So.. it doesn't matter what you put it into. Sta probably best choice still?
Old 01-26-2016, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

It doesn't matter... Ogre, Dwarf, Elf... in the end all your stats will be over capped while raid buffed and everyone gets the same amount of HP in BiS gear. It's just that high STA races are able to swap in more HP gear earlier since they hit 205 STA much easier.

Front stun immunity is a convenience but not necessary... personally I've found warriors that didn't roll Ogre to be more skillful players as they have that obstacle to overcome. Ogre warriors tend to be LAZY and half paying attention to push.
Old 01-26-2016, 01:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Tetley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Front stun immunity is a convenience but not necessary... personally I've found warriors that didn't roll Ogre to be more skillful players as they have that obstacle to overcome. Ogre warriors tend to be LAZY and half paying attention to push.
Agreed. From experience of being a Woodelf Warrior back in my Live days.
Closed Thread