Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 02:24 PM
Banned

this was from RZ, the most hardcore option 8)
Old 02-14-2016, 02:46 PM
Aviak

I was guilded with Bakamaf <Ascending Dawn> (he has the funniest dry humor) and was also Guilded with Raveena <Cotw> Blart was a beast because he wore droppable. <FoH> never took themselves to seriously, but for the most part were soild pvpers.

I think there was a sweet spot for PvP, right between release up to 4 months after Kunark. Melee finally mattered, casters could still Levi away, and without risking expense gear your resist would be shit. If they could code out zonelines and find that sweet spot, build it and they will come. You could have a world people would like to visit, add daily and weekly quest and some GM events and you have a substainable population.

Just 2 cents from someone who like a game with a challenge.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this was from RZ, the most hardcore option 8)
Was waiting to see if you killed any of the folks in these pics.. Don't remember blart but it looks like this is a month or a few months after vel launch would be my guess?

Need more RZ pics, nirg you got any? I basically threw my entire computer in the trash when I quit, "don't need any of this shit any more I have my life back!"

Was a terrible mistake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-14-2016, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Tallon Zek had item loot the first two months then they changed it to coin only.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:13 PM
Banned

After reading all these stories in ops post I've changed my mind on item loot...

I said it would end pvp and increase plugging... But what I forgot was people just wore worse shit when they level/run around etc..

So it might mean less resists in pvp etc... Or you can risk it and go full equipped.

I think you'd see same amount of plugging (desires) but less plugging cus root would be landing.

Well doesn't matter but, yea I'm a little convinced it can be fun. My memory from being a kid on ralloss Zek was please no loot, it sucked! I cried when my necro lost his +7 cha torch;(
Old 02-14-2016, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was waiting to see if you killed any of the folks in these pics.. Don't remember blart but it looks like this is a month or a few months after vel launch would be my guess?

Need more RZ pics, nirg you got any? I basically threw my entire computer in the trash when I quit, "don't need any of this shit any more I have my life back!"

Was a terrible mistake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've got a bunch of classic UI kunark kills on my external with Ever and Slacash/Zachariom/Webe from PB I could try to dig up for a little nostalgia. We came across a lot of people in Dreadlands.

Fav move was popping into KC from both sides with 2 or 3 wizards at kunark launch, 1st ice comet would hit, the Sabbat raid tank would stand up and start trying to look around, 2nd ice comet right behind it within milliseconds before they even took a step. 3rd ice comet as they staggered panning to the opposite side. All in under 6 seconds with 20 angry hostiles in zone.

What a fucking rush running in to grab the loot. You had to know what you were looking for as the dogpile was only a full second away from diving you. Inspect scouts and informants were critical to getting the big scores.

/group chat going crazy "GET THE CLOAK. GET THE FUCKING CLOAK" , "HE BAGGED IT ??" 5 dudeguy zerglings pounding on your back as your best man starts firing the evacuate spell, and you end up just grabbing any item barely saving your ass.

Ah man, Red99 could never recreate the classic PvP experience. To be notorious, the pirate black beard. You can't recreate that scenario and politics.

"pk in zone" .

I remember losing my SMR in Plane of Fear to bad intel as we were told to go in there and druzzil the raid. That was a bad day. Pretty sure I punched the next person I saw irl who said hello to me. Nothing felt worse than losing gear with 4-5 of your friends versus 40-50 people.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 02-14-2016 at 06:39 PM..
Old 02-14-2016, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

Great story sounds like u had fun
Old 02-14-2016, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semmysosa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was guilded with Bakamaf <Ascending Dawn> (he has the funniest dry humor) and was also Guilded with Raveena <Cotw> Blart was a beast because he wore droppable. <FoH> never took themselves to seriously, but for the most part were soild pvpers.

I think there was a sweet spot for PvP, right between release up to 4 months after Kunark. Melee finally mattered, casters could still Levi away, and without risking expense gear your resist would be shit. If they could code out zonelines and find that sweet spot, build it and they will come. You could have a world people would like to visit, add daily and weekly quest and some GM events and you have a substainable population.

Just 2 cents from someone who like a game with a challenge.
Ascending Dawn didn't even exist during that time frame?
Old 02-14-2016, 11:40 PM
Kobold

Best RZ moment was keeping an entire noABCla~ korean guild of 30+ from getting their corpses back from their break-in PoF Rez team of 4-5 and sitting on the pile of them afterwards with Herb. The two of us multi- boxed that fight after they tried to take fear from us and the whole thing lasted for hours before GMs finally made us let them LnS. Back in Kunark days so Fear (nodrop gear) was a pretty damned big deal at the time.

Best SZ moments was probably the fights for the turtle, or the Guilld war we (Nine) got into with that other evil guild and wiping the floor with them. Whole server made fun of them since Bashnir and some others were vocal as hell and got obliterated on every front by a guild about a third of their side. We hunted them for days before trashing them a few times in big fights and lots of their guild members de-tagged just to stay alive. Guild ended up disbanding iirc.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:58 PM
Aviak

It was later in his EQ career that we crossed paths. I think I was in <Swarm of Fear> at this time.

You could recreate the old days.
Fix bugs PvP bugs for balance.
1 item loot with coin.
Item level regs to detour twinkers.
Daily PvP rewards. (Dispell rods, rezz sticks, etc)
GM events with no rent items rewards. For lowbies (Haste belt or cloaks, good weapons)
Hold guild wars in large zones with number caps. Loser loses a mob rotation.

Just my 2 cents.
Closed Thread