Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 01:24 AM
Banned

how luminous do you think this brown dwarf is?
Old 11-14-2016, 01:25 AM
Banned

how large is the gravity well?
Old 11-14-2016, 04:13 AM
Planar Protector

Luminosity somewhere around ten-thousandth of the sun. In the range of 1000 Fahrenheit, make some nice Chinese food with it. Mostly IR spectrum. Obscured even further in the oort cloud, though possibly on this side now if correct and these anomalies coming from around 5AU is it (from that last vid).

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As for mass, well depends on it's size I guess. Heavier than Jupiter is a safe bet. So yeah it could toss some rocks around. It could even send a planet rogue. Space is pretty big though, ya know? I'm less concerned about that.

But if it's a brown dwarf, it's emissions would probably be more of the concern compared to it's gravitational field. While it could possibly throw some rocks at us, it's particles/gasses would certainly have some impact on our weather and our geomagnetic field, our magnetosphere. It would also cause effect on the sun. I guess depends how close it's orbit, but with such a long circuit it's probably not too close in.

Odd things are happening though, such as with the increased helium, being bombarded from not only the sun but from outside in the solar system. NASA is saying disruptions from way far off out of the solar system with he solar winds, but the angle it's hitting us from is changing as we make our circuit around the sun. You know, as like in radio frequency triangulating?

As others are saying somewhere around 5AU. The magnetosphere collapsing? Well more like being condensed down last month, that's better put since a full collapse would put it on the ground. But certainly it was condensed down, almost to the point of needing to evacuate the ISS. I was watching it for those few days, interesting. That was during the last full moon as I recall.

Now that's pretty close though, 5AU, ranges it at about the distance of Jupiter, but maybe more like 5AU+. They are saying out of Orion which is a little left of the moon right now. I see all these supposed photos, but they are trying to track something behind the sun which is opposite side out there by Libra right now. But 5AU, other side of the asteroid belt, Jupiter and outward.

Edit: and just to say, some are certain it's a conspiracy, that NASA knows the truth, but I think NASA just doesn't know at this point. Or they might have figured it out recently, which being why 0bama gave that executive order last month about "space weather events". If that is the case, certainly not all of NASA knows, or someone would have leaked it.
Last edited by Daywolf; 11-14-2016 at 04:24 AM..
Old 11-14-2016, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

It supposedly hit us already. So... I'm 100% sure it's fake.

The reptilians saved us. Pras our scaly overlords.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cognitive dissonance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] *sigh*. Obviously one of these is false.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

*Rap*
Quote:
Originally Posted by entruil
Old 11-14-2016, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Are we talking about the same thing here? If it already hit us, there would be no planet Earth right now.

There are a lot of theories about it though, could you expand on your point? I mean the first one, I get the big yawns when people start talking about the lizards. I was never really into V.

Like one of my theories, it's thousands of years, not millions, if there is such a thing out there. Possibly in the 5k range.

Or maybe you mean it went by and we didn't notice?
Old 11-14-2016, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

https://vimeo.com/64344734
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Baler; 11-14-2016 at 03:35 PM..
Old 11-14-2016, 06:14 PM
Kobold

Astronomers at Caltech and elsewhere have estimated the mass of planet 9 to be in the range of 9-12 earth masses https://www.caltech.edu/news/caltech...h-planet-49523. Brown Dwarf stars are discussed in terms of Jupiter Masses, which is 317.83 earth masses https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jupiter_mass. The expected range of a brown dwarf star is 13-75 Jupiter Masses; in short, there is no evidence for a brown dwarf or failed star existing in our solar system.

I think it's fascinating that there could be a large, undiscovered planet out there. But let's not get carried away in our excitement. Perhaps read a little more and youtube less! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-14-2016, 06:30 PM
Fire Giant

A simple google search has returned zero pictures of brown dwarf stars, leading me to believe that they are made up like human driven climate change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest

Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Closed Thread