Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 09:54 AM
Kobold

Compelling arguments for more survivability. Now I'm leaning towards stamina and dexterity.

I had considered carrying around spare charisma gear around for pulling, like those earrings from unrest, but I believe bards already have so much gear with songs on them, different weapons and instruments, I didn't want to be a walking bank.

I'm probably way overthinking this but I'm glad to have had some input from others. I'll probably reroll my bard in a few days. I have to finish farming the rest of the lambent set and I still gotta find some decent weapons.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:04 AM
Kobold

I would just keep a Crude stein, +7 CHA wrists and a Squad ring (misty guards) in your bag for when you need them. That cheap (like under 50pp set) will give you a +34 CHA boost. Put the points in STA/STR and DEX.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:09 AM
Fire Giant

Dex/STA/CHA
Old 09-22-2017, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

You dont need dex at all as a bard, other classes might care about fizzles, but we have 0 recast time and no mana cost so idgaf if missed notes.

Pure CHA gear is cheap (relatively). Kobold crown is like +30 cha for usually 200-400p.

STA all the way.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiRo2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bottom line however, is that stats do not matter on a bard.
50 Stamina at 60 is only 200hp. I've literally never been in a situation while leveling on any of my 4 bards where an extra 20 points somewhere would have a made a diference were it stamina, charisma, or dexterity. If you were asking what to put it into on a brand new sever in classic I would say strength all the way, bronze and lambent can get heavy with only 70str, but on a late velious server none of it really matters.

Min/Max'ing on a bard isn't about gear(except epic) or stats, its about playing the right songs in the right situation.
Last edited by MiRo2; 09-23-2017 at 03:11 PM..
Old 09-23-2017, 08:02 PM
Kobold

Okay I can just balance out my starting stats then between Sta/Str/Dex I suppose. Maybe 5/10/10. With crude stein, that 30 cha helm, wrists, and a buff, that should be plenty fine I assume. Maybe I did over think it, just wanted to be sure.

With everyone saying different things, it seems subjective. Had everyone piled onto me repeating the same thing, I would've seen a definitive answer that maybe I hadn't known about before posting.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Why do you keep goin back to dex lol. Its the most worthless out of the four options.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiRo2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
50 Stamina at 60 is only 200hp.
That's not how this works. 200hp is actually a huge amount. HP grows in small increments, so you want to get it from every source possible.

Max STA and dump any remaining points in STR. STR because all of the races that can play bard have shit-for-stats at the start and you need the extra strength to be able to wear plate.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:56 AM
Fire Giant

I'm not saying that 200hp isn't a big increase for hp. I'm asking what is the real difference between a bard with 4000hp and one with 4080hp? When I'm tanking on my bard, the healer can either keep me up or can't, a couple hundred hp doesn't really make a difference; and I'm rarely the best choice to tank in a group.

Stats don't matter on a bard, don't let a dilemma of where to put your points on creation delay you from playing the most fun class in EQ.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm not saying that 200hp isn't a big increase for hp. I'm asking what is the real difference between a bard with 4000hp and one with 4080hp? When I'm tanking on my bard, the healer can either keep me up or can't, a couple hundred hp doesn't really make a difference; and I'm rarely the best choice to tank in a group.

Stats don't matter on a bard, don't let a dilemma of where to put your points on creation delay you from playing the most fun class in EQ.
HP on a Bard has nothing to do with tanking. You're going to need to survive AoEs, and if the extra HP can keep you up one more tick before the next group heal goes off, then it is well worth it.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Closed Thread