Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 01:38 AM
Fire Giant

5k is nothing, Boots of the Traveler (2 second cast) have the same effect and are also 5k from the merchant. 5k for jboots is extremely nice compared to the old days of them being 9-10k.
Old 12-22-2017, 12:38 PM
Orc

If you're a pretty undergeared enchanter, is it worth throwing down your early plat for a pair? Just feels like theres so many times that having an extra kick of speed when there's no sow can help speed up leveling / avoid dying.
Old 12-22-2017, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniedius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're a pretty undergeared enchanter, is it worth throwing down your early plat for a pair? Just feels like theres so many times that having an extra kick of speed when there's no sow can help speed up leveling / avoid dying.
Sure, unless you do not have your goblin ring yet.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:01 PM
Sarnak

If you're going to solo outdoors, there's probably no single item that will save your life as many times as J-Boots. If you're grouping, then no I'd keep a couple 10x sow pots in my bags and spend my $ elsewhere.

That being said, I have a lvl 52 chanter that I play around with that just got a pair around lvl 50. Exclusively solo'd with that char. So it's definitely possible- just end up having to use more pots than otherwise.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:10 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuurin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're going to solo outdoors, there's probably no single item that will save your life as many times as J-Boots. If you're grouping, then no I'd keep a couple 10x sow pots in my bags and spend my $ elsewhere.

That being said, I have a lvl 52 chanter that I play around with that just got a pair around lvl 50. Exclusively solo'd with that char. So it's definitely possible- just end up having to use more pots than otherwise.
Pretty much solo 75% of the time. I don't have my goblin ring yet tho! I guess that's a first buy when the money is there....which is still a long ways off. Hoping some new camps pay off between 24-30.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:12 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What class are u OP?

I bought j boots for my first toon bc he was a pathetic warrior and it was easier to grind plat
Necro. Currently saving for a CoS and therefore thought I could try and camp the Jboots drop.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniedius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty much solo 75% of the time. I don't have my goblin ring yet tho! I guess that's a first buy when the money is there....which is still a long ways off. Hoping some new camps pay off between 24-30.
In general I almost never advocate for lower level characters earning plat, because gear doesn't help your rate of leveling much and higher level characters can earn plat so much faster. However, there are a few items like the goblin ring which actually do help you level a lot faster, and I make an exception for them.

To that end, if you're looking for ways to earn plat (at any level) you can always check the Treasure Hunting Guide on the wiki for ideas of places where you can earn plat. Between 24-30 you can choose from mammoths in Everfrost (for their tusks), guards in highpass (for their swords), gnolls or treants in South Karana (for fine steel weapons or coin) or NPCs in Surefale Glade (for fine steel weapons).

And that's just the cash camps, there are also item camps you can do. For instance, the Bracer of the Hidden drops off Sarnak legionnaires in Lake of Ill Omen, which are only level 24, and it sells for almost as much as the goblin ring. Its a "super ultra rare" drop, but if you kill enough Sarnaks ... There are also more reliable (but less valuable) camps you can do too; check the guide out.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:40 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In general I almost never advocate for lower level characters earning plat, because gear doesn't help your rate of leveling much and higher level characters can earn plat so much faster. However, there are a few items like the goblin ring which actually do help you level a lot faster, and I make an exception for them.

To that end, if you're looking for ways to earn plat (at any level) you can always check the Treasure Hunting Guide on the wiki for ideas of places where you can earn plat. Between 24-30 you can choose from mammoths in Everfrost (for their tusks), guards in highpass (for their swords), gnolls or treants in South Karana (for fine steel weapons or coin) or NPCs in Surefale Glade (for fine steel weapons).

And that's just the cash camps, there are also item camps you can do. For instance, the Bracer of the Hidden drops off Sarnak legionnaires in Lake of Ill Omen, which are only level 24, and it sells for almost as much as the goblin ring. Its a "super ultra rare" drop, but if you kill enough Sarnaks ... There are also more reliable (but less valuable) camps you can do too; check the guide out.

Thanks! I usually try to go for fastest EXP first, and then an added bonus of some extra cash. Right now I'm doing the giants in Warsliks woods. Decent exp, and hoping for some forest loop drops and some of those weps that sell for a lot to the vendor.
Old 12-22-2017, 02:21 PM
Fire Giant

Buy loot rights or MQs wherever possible. Plat is far easier to obtain than fickle rng.
Closed Thread