Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 11:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Validar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t know where I got this impression or this information but I wanted to ask on here if it’s even a true thing.

Does charm work better on a mezzed mob?

I was told to mez then charm. Is it true that it holds the charm better if the target is mezzed first?

Any insite on this will help!
Doesn’t matter if you mez first. At higher levels even unless I want to re tash my pet on a break I will usually just color slant and re-charm. Pet gets right back into the action.
Last edited by ZiggyTheMuss; 02-07-2019 at 11:33 PM..
Old 02-07-2019, 11:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only charm spell that is short enough to consistently recharge during a stun is Boltran’s. Stun/Mez/recharm is the only viable solution for much of the game, because Boltran’s is just too expensive on a mana pool until very late in an enchanter’s life.
You can do color slant/allure if you do it quickly and use an instant click cool down of course.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:47 PM
Fire Giant

If you can't land stun > charm . Then your a bad enchanter and need to practice more (or your connection is trash)

I 100% agree that stun > Mez > charm is safer. But it can also waste alot of time

Also the comment about boltran being the only one fast enough is 100% incorrect, allure is fast enough if your reaction and click times are better than a potato
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 02-08-2019, 12:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you can't land stun > charm . Then your a bad enchanter and need to practice more (or your connection is trash)

I 100% agree that stun > Mez > charm is safer. But it can also waste alot of time

Also the comment about boltran being the only one fast enough is 100% incorrect, allure is fast enough if your reaction and click times are better than a potato
Congrats on being an insulting jerk for absolutely no reason.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Congrats on being an insulting jerk for absolutely no reason.
So? ppl wanna cry when someone tells them they are doing something wrong. If they are doing it wrong they are doing it wrong and they are bad at it. You don't pass a test if get all the answers wrong, the teacher isn't a jerk when he says you need to practice more / study more / train more / whatever.

Point is if you cant Stun > Charm, you are failing a basic part of the enchanter class, and thus a bad enchanter
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 02-08-2019, 06:25 AM
Planar Protector

All these procribed casting orders are pretty silly, frankly. Everything depends on the situation you are in: the mob you are trying to charm, are you solo, small group/duo, full group, exping or loot whoring etc. Ideally for max safety you'd want to have enough room to try a mez before you need to try to land a stun. Obviously if you are in a group you might not need to be so careful, but even then perhaps you have a fully hasted/given hasted gear mobs that can kill you before the cleric can get his hand out of the Doritos.

And getting back to the OPs question which has already been answered, perhaps they were talking about/confused bard's using mez/charm? The bard mez has a magic resist debuff if I'm not mistaken.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So? ppl wanna cry when someone tells them they are doing something wrong. If they are doing it wrong they are doing it wrong and they are bad at it. You don't pass a test if get all the answers wrong, the teacher isn't a jerk when he says you need to practice more / study more / train more / whatever.

Point is if you cant Stun > Charm, you are failing a basic part of the enchanter class, and thus a bad enchanter
Thanks for proving my point.

There is a difference between telling someone they’re doing something wrong (which I would argue, and being an ass about it.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

You are not factually incorrect, but your choice of wording made you look like a douche canoe.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-18-2019, 07:27 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

stun / mez charm is always the safer option . the mez lasts 24 seconds .. but you don't have to recharm instantly .. also if you want to bail you can always mez .. kill rooted mob .. and mem blur ex pet .
Last edited by Grail3r; 02-18-2019 at 07:30 AM..
Old 02-19-2019, 06:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:

was gonna say this, but foxplay said it all

and using boltrans over allure is dumb - if allure works use it, if lvl 52+ mob then its even more no brainer

and why the f do some ppl retash every time pet breaks, that's a waste of time/mana, just plain stupid
Closed Thread