Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koota [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RL is equally as hard as EQ, Spok.

Real talk.
Yeah now I just need to find some RL exploits so I have the coin to buy overpriced computers from Dell and the like.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
U mad bro?

You must be

A) Trying to sell this overpriced shit yourself

or

B) You purchased some overpriced BS yourself

Either way you sound quite butthurt.

No, shitting on people's already seriously sad motives has become a past time with my morning consumption of alcohol. You sir, are the victim of my enjoyment this morning. You and your horribly terrible rant. I can only fathom how angry other people make you outside of EQ, based around the same pretenses here.

My mind is wandering.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koota [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, shitting on people's already seriously sad motives has become a past time with my morning consumption of alcohol. You sir, are the victim of my enjoyment this morning. You and your horribly terrible rant. I can only fathom how angry other people make you outside of EQ, based around the same pretenses here.

My mind is wandering.
I was unaware that you were the moderator for R&F. My apologizes to the -still -butt hurt guy who has nothing better to do than rain on peoples parade on a forum that a few hundred people at max view.

I'll let it go at this, I know you probably cannot possibly let yourself leave the thread without making the final comment, as you seem to be that kind of guy. So please go ahead and get your last meaningless post in, and tab back over to trying to sell your MCT for 100k to some hopeless moron in EC.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

I was curious about the issue myself, hence my decision to feel out the market on my fungi robe. The amounts people are paying for lots of items is sort of ludicrous, but hey, that is their prerogative.

I got a Froglok Bonecaster's Robe the other night and thought "hey this would be cool to have for my enchanter for resist gear." But honestly, I would almost never wear it - my insidious robe is better really. FBC is pretty damn common and I sold it for 10k almost immediately. One guy tried offering me 11k after I told him I had already agreed to sell it to someone else for 10k. The fucker actually got pissed at me and called my life pathetic (in so many words) because I didn't allow them to enter into a bidding war (I believe his name was Bunae or something like that).

So yeah, the market is hot and people are going to capitalize on it. What is this fungi robe worth to a person? I don't know. We're just going to see more and more of them. And yeah, at some point they will get nerfed. But in the meantime that robe could be ridiculous item for a twink. If you had 200k in the bank and rolled an Iksar Monk today, what would you pay to use that robe up to 60? I'd probably pay way more than is really necessary, but that's because I have a single-digit IQ.

I'm curious to hear others' opinions on the matter.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was curious about the issue myself, hence my decision to feel out the market on my fungi robe. The amounts people are paying for lots of items is sort of ludicrous, but hey, that is their prerogative.

I got a Froglok Bonecaster's Robe the other night and thought "hey this would be cool to have for my enchanter for resist gear." But honestly, I would almost never wear it - my insidious robe is better really. FBC is pretty damn common and I sold it for 10k almost immediately. One guy tried offering me 11k after I told him I had already agreed to sell it to someone else for 10k. The fucker actually got pissed at me and called my life pathetic (in so many words) because I didn't allow them to enter into a bidding war (I believe his name was Bunae or something like that).

So yeah, the market is hot and people are going to capitalize on it. What is this fungi robe worth to a person? I don't know. We're just going to see more and more of them. And yeah, at some point they will get nerfed. But in the meantime that robe could be ridiculous item for a twink. If you had 200k in the bank and rolled an Iksar Monk today, what would you pay to use that robe up to 60? I'd probably pay way more than is really necessary, but that's because I have a single-digit IQ.

I'm curious to hear others' opinions on the matter.
Brother if you wanna sell it, then you have that right. And with things being the way they are, the seller basically sets the price and hell if someone buys it for the outrageous price they buy it for, thats their problem.

As my thread originally stated, I was aiming at the purchaser not the seller. Those willing to pay the insane amount for an item that eventually becomes next to worthless, are stupid at best.

But hey, if you can capitalize on other peoples stupidity, thats not your fault.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Fire Giant

To make this brief:

1. People are entitled to the facts on the items they're purchasing.
2. If they buy those items fully aware of what is going to happen to them, that's their prerogative.
3. If you're getting mad because of the fact that you're trying to be deceptive, that's shitty. I'm not by any means pointing fingers or blame, just keepin' it real.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

If you buy/loot an item that has certain abilities....If it gets nerfed, the items already found change along with those that haven't?
Old 04-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by casdegere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you buy/loot an item that has certain abilities....If it gets nerfed, the items already found change along with those that haven't?
If they are retroactively nerfed, yes. There are a few that aren't, but most get the nerf bat.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by casdegere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some do, some don't. It depends on the item.

I think the new versions of items that aren't retroactively nerfed are given slightly different names usually.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Fire Giant

If you're genuinely concerned with the morality of players, I would recommend composing a list of the high priced items you feel are going to get nerfed and try to get a Dev's decision on what's going to happen to them. Finding out the facts should be the first priority. Otherwise this is pointless.
Closed Thread