Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2019, 12:32 PM
Kobold

U2
Old 05-27-2019, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Slipknot.

They have a few good songs, but I never understood those metal bands where the vocals go from guttural screaming to angelic soft singing.

They do this all while wearing slasher movie uniforms.

Plus there's 800 band members.

"What musical instrument do you play?"

"Oh, I just smoke cigarettes on stage."
Smoking cigarettes on stage is a perfectly legitimate musical talent, also wait and bleed is a good song specifically because of the contrast in singing styles. The slasher uniforms add a touch of whimsy to what is otherwise the most serious and important band of the last century.

I’ll leave you with this parting thought: If you’re 555 then I’m 666. What’s it like to be a heretic?
Last edited by Cecily; 05-27-2019 at 01:37 PM..
Old 05-27-2019, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Also, fuck Van Halen, any other cocaine-inspired rock from that era, and Van Halen. Fuck the entire 80s. Music should be inspired by pot or heroin.
Last edited by Cecily; 05-27-2019 at 01:46 PM..
Old 05-27-2019, 01:45 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tool(or anything with the maynerd)
Agreed, even though this may piss many people off. Don't get me wrong, I like Tool, I like A Perfect Circle (a bit more than Tool in some ways), yet people lose their shit over Maynard. Recently they played at a local festival/concert that featured a lot of bands. They debuted some new songs and there's videos of it uploaded to Youtube. The comments section is nothing but "how dare you people crowd surf to Tool!" or "how dare you people disrespect Maynard and pull out your phones to record this!"

It's music dude. It doesn't hold that much value. Quit acting like Maynard has to be worshiped anytime he graces someone with his presence. It's like everyone should avert their eyes the second he enters the room. Besides, if those people didn't whip out their phones, you wouldn't have a video to comment on right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your entire post makes me want to hunt you down and rip your arms off. STP, Bush, Soundgarden, and Metallica were/are literally some of my favorite bands growing up in the 90's.

The thing about music is it is important to put in context of when it was released. A band like the Beatles may seem like they are mediocre by today's standards. However at the time there was just nothing like them and they inspired a revolution of the music industry. The bands you listed above all became famous in the early 90s... listen to 80s hair bands and then listen to any of the above and you will see that they were very much the first generation of "modern music" or whatever you want to call it. The grunge era changed things in much the same way the Beatles changed rock n roll in the 60s. An entirely different sound was born that simply didn't exist before hand.

But to the Q:

George Straight is the most overrated artist in the history of music.

I live in Texas also...
Meh. I like 90's music a lot, including Grunge, those bands (sans Metallica) just do not do it for me. Nirvana was good. I like Alice in Chains (a bit more hard rock if you ask me, but definitely some Grunge sound). But I think with STP, Bush, and Soundgarden, it's the vocals I don't like. Weiland isn't that great. Cornell, even though his voice is unique and I won't say he's a bad vocalist, it just doesn't really fluff my Garfield, if you know what I mean. In fact the only two songs I kind of like with Cornell being the vocalist is probably Audioslave's "Like a Stone" and Soundgarden's "Burden in My Hand".

I think I like Grunge for the same reasons I like punk rock. Many of the songs sound like degenerate music and the lead singers usually sound so whacked on heroin that they haven't been able to shit in weeks. Cornell has too good of a voice to have that sound.
Last edited by Delacroix; 05-27-2019 at 01:59 PM..
Old 05-27-2019, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

How dare you people disrespect Maynard.
Old 05-27-2019, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ that's bait
Old 05-27-2019, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
gottem

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 05-27-2019, 04:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Smoking cigarettes on stage is a perfectly legitimate musical talent, also wait and bleed is a good song specifically because of the contrast in singing styles. The slasher uniforms add a touch of whimsy to what is otherwise the most serious and important band of the last century.

I’ll leave you with this parting thought: If you’re 555 then I’m 666. What’s it like to be a heretic?
truth
Old 05-27-2019, 05:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ that's bait
Old 05-27-2019, 05:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread