Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 10:50 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol sure bud. I mean this with not much respect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozzey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You may assume that I am leaping here but these are equally unlikely things that before green/teal launched would have been laughed at but have still happened.
If I told you pre-launch that mage pets would be capped to 34 damage at level 50 would you would have said something similar, no?
Old 12-08-2019, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

You're asking one of the most "shit's classic" dudes on the forums if I'd have been put off by green mechanics and timeline more perfectly following classic mechanics and timeline?

I'm not trying to divine exactly how or why things end up the way they do on p99. But when things end up true to classic mechanics (as best as anyone can figure out), regardless of whether those mechanics were bugs or oversights, I'm not about to complain. I'd be IN FAVOR of mages having their stupidly-buffed pets, chanters having whirl working, fine steel daggers turning pets into blenders, zone warps in, etc. But this isn't the right way to go about it.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 12-08-2019 at 10:54 AM..
Old 12-08-2019, 10:53 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're asking one of the most "shit's classic" dudes on the forums if I'd have been put off by green mechanics and timeline more perfectly following classic mechanics and timeline?
Put it into context, if it was any other class with equally critical spells - lets say cleric with no rez - would your response still be "shits classic" ?
Old 12-08-2019, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozzey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Put it into context, if it was any other class with equally critical spells - lets say cleric with no rez - would your response still be "shits classic" ?
Goddamn right it would.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:57 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Goddamn right I would.
I can't fault your logic if "shits classic" also applies when spawning at lvl 100 with 300 aa on cat moon base alpha.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I can't fault your logic if "shits classic" also applies when spawning at lvl 100 with 300 aa on cat moon base alpha.
What?

I'd ask a more specific question, but I really have no fucking clue what you're talking about.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:33 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys could start by posting the proposed max hits that mage pets should be doing versus what they're doing now, at each circle of pet.

If you want to see a change, start by doing the legwork and making it very easy on the people you want to make the changes.

I can't do everything around here ffs.
Thank you Dolalin.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

Same retard shit as usual, "classic" being a word no one understand.
Old 12-08-2019, 12:00 PM
Kobold

I'm confused here are you saying that damage of Mage Pets and Necro pets is less now since the release of Green/Teal or that they were stronger BEFORE Green/Teal?

I recall the Necro pets and Mage pets hitting like trucks and being very tanky when I first started playing Green. However, that could JUST be perception and that they have been the same since then. I cannot recall fully but they may be a scaling versus level situation. For all I know they weren't nerfed and have been the same since launch.
Last edited by Xruptor; 12-08-2019 at 12:02 PM..
Old 12-08-2019, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xruptor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm confused here are you saying that damage of Mage Pets and Necro pets is less now since the release of Green/Teal or that they were stronger BEFORE Green/Teal?

I recall the Necro pets and Mage pets hitting like trucks and being very tanky when I first started playing Green. However, that could JUST be perception and that they have been the same since then. I cannot recall fully but they may be a scaling versus level situation. For all I know they weren't nerfed and have been the same since launch.
He is referring to summoned pets being a lot stronger on live eq early in vanilla than they are here.
Closed Thread