Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

Titanium client isnt classic Yellow fte messages/“mario kart foot races” arent classic Resists arents classic /list isnt classic zone pulling all of tov to zl isnt classic rooted dragons isnt classic everyone having unlimited accounts isnt classic

Selectively pick and choose whatever classic stuff but other stuff completely ignore classic
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-19-2019, 03:31 AM
Planar Protector

People who don't like item recharging can just NOT RECHARGE THEIR ITEMS and maybe stop the qq ?

Problem solved.
Old 12-19-2019, 03:35 AM
Planar Protector

People who don't agree with boxing can just not box, problem solved.

People who don't agree with hacking can just not hack, problem solved.

Etc

Is this an American thing? Your actions affect other people around you.
Last edited by Dolalin; 12-19-2019 at 03:37 AM..
Old 12-19-2019, 03:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People who don't agree with boxing can just not box, problem solved.

People who don't agree with hacking can just not hack, problem solved.

Etc

Is this an American thing? Your actions affect other people around you.
It's a human thing. Being selfish and burdening others is in no way unique to us Americans.
Old 12-19-2019, 05:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your actions affect other people around you.
I'm trying to remember at least one time when I'd think "damn, if only he couldn't recharge his items! I could do/have this or that."

Help me out there?
Old 12-19-2019, 11:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was never intended 😂
This isn't a game of what was intended, it's a game of what was.

- Humans were widely reported to have gotten the 5% XP boost, but hobbits got it instead.

- You weren't supposed to be able to dot/kite; THAT sort of player-friendly emergent gameplay is VERBOTEN! So they took it out.

The list goes on and on; P99 is a game to recreate all the crap of the original; except all the player-friendly bits, which have to be removed for the autist neckbeards.
Old 12-19-2019, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't a game of what was intended, it's a game of what was.

- Humans were widely reported to have gotten the 5% XP boost, but hobbits got it instead.

- You weren't supposed to be able to dot/kite; THAT sort of player-friendly emergent gameplay is VERBOTEN! So they took it out.

The list goes on and on; P99 is a game to recreate all the crap of the original; except all the player-friendly bits, which have to be removed for the autist neckbeards.
Neckbeards are most likely not the ones complaining about recharging... rather the casuals who can't afford it or want to have a slightly more competitive raid scene since they can't get the recharge items they want everyone on equal (risky) ground not using them.
Old 12-19-2019, 12:34 PM
Sarnak

Move to R&F and suspend OP for making multiple threads on the same topic.

Too much clutter on forums, this would help.
Old 12-19-2019, 01:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm still waiting for proof that it ever happened in the classic timeframe. i didn't test all items back in the day but golem metal wands would only be set to 1 charge if you bought them from a vendor, which makes me assume all multi use items could only be recharged to 1 use.
Agreed and evidence was already provided in bug forum. I showed Allakhazam posts saying spider nets also wouldn't recharge at all. It seems the devs had actually nerfed recharging selectively for items like this that would be overpowered.
Old 12-19-2019, 03:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Neckbeards are most likely not the ones complaining about recharging... rather the casuals who can't afford it or want to have a slightly more competitive raid scene since they can't get the recharge items they want everyone on equal (risky) ground not using them.
Today is official "Neckbeard Day", the day the term was added to Urban Dictionary with the definition we use here today.
Closed Thread