Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-10-2020, 06:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loftus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got it working once, but now when I try to get a full screen window of EQ it just shuffles me back to desktop when I hit the Windows key - which was not the original behavior.
I am assuming that you mean Windowed Borderless Gaming by GameplayCRUSH.

You want it in a window, then WindowedBorderlessGaming can turn it into a borderless window which covers a whole monitor. For some reason it often leaves it in a window, but switching focus (to anything else) and back again seems to work most of the time.

If you alt+enter into full-screen, that's not full screen borderless window, so you get default Everquest behaviour of 'help, help, how did the user exit fullscreen? I should close myself and/or crash!'
Old 02-10-2020, 06:51 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I tried running this Borderless gaming program, and I some how messed things up when ever I tried to run it. I clicked the help link, and all that does is link you to a steam forum discussion, not instructions. So I ran EQ P99, then minimized that and ran Borderless Gaming. I found the eqgame and clicked the arrow to move it to the right side of the two little windows, thinking that would add the program I want borderless to the correct location. Evidently this is not how its supposed to work, because my entire screen turned to a solid light blue color. I tried opening task manage to close the Borderless Gaming program, but I could not see the task manager because of the stupid light blue color filling my entire screen. I had to reboot my PC. After that I uninstalled and reinstalled the program, thinking that would let me try again, nope. Even after I reinstalled I still get a full light blue screen and cant do anything...awesome.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this ultra annoying mess?
Old 02-10-2020, 10:23 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Update

Ok turns out in the eqclient ini file I did not have all the window/video settings to my resolution, so now I can run full screen and not have to use that borderless gaming program that messed up my screen. Hope this can help anyone else having my same problem.