Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealmd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s a video game...
I never agree with it when people say this. The items are just pixels, sure, and by extension, the unfairness; but the relationships are real. The respect - or lack thereof - is real.
Old 07-20-2020, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello everyone on the Green server. We know there has been a lot of speculation as to why Lineage had left the UN last Friday, so we are submitting this statement to clear the air.

To quickly recap the circumstances leading to our exit on Friday, an earthquake was triggered around midday and our limited force available during those hours was looking for a target. After looking at what the other guilds were doing, we noticed CI was forming up to go into Hate for their regular clear schedule and reached out to join forces and make an attempt for Inny. This was on the fly and we banded together as allies. It was an exciting moment for us and something I am sure we'd all like to see on Green for the community as a whole. An incident occurred with a competing guild and we lost the opportunity.

Our response is not about a desire to obtain free loot or complain about competition, nor were we particularly upset about losing the race to Inny, but more the manner in which it occurred, and how the aftermath was handled. I hope the subsequent actions taken by Lineage demonstrate this is not about a desire for instancing or desire to remove competition which, incidentally, is what the UN actually provides with the rotational content (simulated anyway).

The complete indifference to the Green community, the derisive response afterward, and the willful steamroll of the minority is the point of contention. So the question then becomes; Why remain a participant in a body that seemingly does not value the community and its members to foster friendly competition? I suspect that is why this action may appear confusing to the UN. No rules were broken, and Lineage has left the UN anyway. We don't know if a rule can be made to prevent this behaviour or to make people care about each other and the community. As crazy as it sounds there are a lot of people on Green that really do care about this game and the people that play it.

So to set the record straight, we are not upset, nor are we greedy, or shying away from the competition. Lineage does not see a benefit to the UN in its current form, and we are welcoming anyone who wishes to compete or collaborate.
All the sincerest and most accepted apologies happen here in the RnF forum. We welcome you and look forward to how this goes for all parties.

Irony, you leave the UN forcing you to take your crisis to RnF...which is now the forum par excellence to diffuse server wide crisis. Up is down. Left is right...cats and dogs living together...Baler banned while cucks train innocent people all over upper guk. The madness is upon us.
Old 07-20-2020, 10:12 PM
Planar Protector

Long post about how they’re leaving and why but not saying why/what happened. Shoulda posted this in guild discussion or something. Crappy RnF thread with no details
Old 07-20-2020, 10:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The madness is upon us.
says you been here 11 years... wow! you're even slower on the uptake than I am! or wait... is that, is it, could it be, ... irony?
Old 07-20-2020, 10:45 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Long post about how they’re leaving and why but not saying why/what happened. Shoulda posted this in guild discussion or something. Crappy RnF thread with no details
Was originally posted in Green and Teal discussion but was moved to RnF by moderators even though it had no rant or flame.
Old 07-20-2020, 11:46 PM
Sarnak

Is this a troll? I guess you got me
Old 07-21-2020, 12:35 AM
Sarnak

Hey OP that's interesting because my guild is in a similar spot except we know there has been a lot of speculation as to why Lineage had left the UN last Friday, so we are submitting this statement to clear the air.

To quickly recap the circumstances leading to our exit on Friday, an earthquake was triggered around midday and our limited force available during those hours was looking for a target. After looking at what the other guilds were doing, we noticed CI was forming up to go into Hate for their regular clear schedule and reached out to join forces and make an attempt for Inny. This was on the fly and we banded together as allies. It was an exciting moment for us and something I am sure we'd all like to see on Green for the community as a whole. An incident occurred with a competing guild and we lost the opportunity.

Our response is not about a desire to obtain free loot or complain about competition, nor were we particularly upset about losing the race to Inny, but more the manner in which it occurred, and how the aftermath was handled. I hope the subsequent actions taken by Lineage demonstrate this is not about a desire for instancing or desire to remove competition which, incidentally, is what the UN actually provides with the rotational content (simulated anyway).

The complete indifference to the Green community, the derisive response afterward, and the willful steamroll of the minority is the point of contention. So the question then becomes; Why remain a participant in a body that seemingly does not value the community and its members to foster friendly competition? I suspect that is why this action may appear confusing to the UN. No rules were broken, and Lineage has left the UN anyway. We don't know if a rule can be made to prevent this behaviour or to make people care about each other and the community. As crazy as it sounds there are a lot of people on Green that really do care about this game and the people that play it.

So to set the record straight, we are not upset, nor are we greedy, or shying away from the competition. Lineage does not see a benefit to the UN in its current form, and we are welcoming anyone who wishes to compete or collaborate.
Old 07-21-2020, 12:50 AM
Large Bat

Feel free to reach out to Lineage leadership directly if you would like additional details as to Lineage's perspective on the situation.

It is not appropriate to be bashing other players and guilds in the spirit of community. This was not intended to be in the R&F thread and we are not interested in drama.
Old 07-21-2020, 01:03 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Lineage would like to be a competitive guild and had little opportunity for growth under the previous structure. We have neither the force size of the federation or the knowledge and skill of Seal Team. Being legitimately competitive on 7 day targets requires immense resources that are hard to produce, which leaves us more competitive on server quakes. Unfortunately on the Friday quake, ST diverted their attention to a lower priority target to ensure that they wouldn't lose a 7-day target, left a messy situation, and there was a miscommunication afterwards which removed the opportunity for us to attempt another raid encounter.

I understand and respect ST wanting to hit every target. I probably would too. But we would like opportunities for growth and that comes through competition (or more quakes). ST will never back down so maybe they'd like to see this too. Racing BL to Phinny was a ton of fun tonight...grats BL on the W! We have a lot of respect for the UN guilds but we had to do what was right for our guild at this time. See you in Norrath!
Old 07-21-2020, 08:22 AM
Banned

i love to bash players and other guilds. As far as im concerned you are all bad. like really bad. like it wouldn't take much to compete against seal team on this server and yet they all fail time and time again. and then cry like they are 5 years old about it. it's amazing. it's honestly amazing how coddled you are and expect to be moreso. I would have grinded you into dusty by assigned dkp to hold every camp exp and item camp down to the FBSS camp by now and griefed you crybabies the fuck off.
Closed Thread