Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 05:00 PM
Banned

3k hp, 1kac - you're golden. Rest is in skill/RNG malo/tash/slow/epic resists.

I think it's 1kac... been on live too long to remember the golden ratio, but I mained a sham for 8 yrs on blue. Second i got to 3k/1k, facetanking things got a lot easier.
Last edited by Hrothgar; 11-11-2020 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: changed 2k->1k ac because i think thats right...
Old 11-12-2020, 03:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3k hp, 1kac - you're golden. Rest is in skill/RNG malo/tash/slow/epic resists.

I think it's 1kac... been on live too long to remember the golden ratio, but I mained a sham for 8 yrs on blue. Second i got to 3k/1k, facetanking things got a lot easier.
Good to have a ballpark to look for, thanks. It's funny I was always wanting to get to 3k mana until I got torpor. Now that I actually have 3k mana I wonder why I bothered.

Quote:
56 AC vs. 110 CR is less clear as its really hard to put a definite amount on specific numerical contributions to these, but I would probably go with the cold resist.
Yeah, once I looked at what I lost by adding 110 cold resist, I realized it wasn't all that much in the giant scheme of things (maybe 6-7% less AC, and 8% less HP, and some mana)
Last edited by Malrubius; 11-12-2020 at 03:20 PM..
Old 11-12-2020, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good to have a ballpark to look for, thanks. It's funny I was always wanting to get to 3k mana until I got torpor. Now that I actually have 3k mana I wonder why I bothered.
It's handy to have the mana if you fight something where you have to do a bunch of casting without time to torpor/canni. May or may not happen often depending on what you prefer to do.

For comparison the wife's shaman can solo those WW dragons without issue at ~2500 HP/900 AC self-buffed and whatever resists she happens to have, maybe 120ish with Resist Cold/Fire on. The hardest part of those West Wastes dragons is staying awake through the long boring battle; they're IMO a lot more fun to duo or trio than solo. Really this is another case of, "don't overthink it." I think it's kind of hard to mess up a Shaman that already has torpor/epic/etc.

Danth
Closed Thread