Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2020, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we please get back on topic on while the next server will be a failure and not why this one already is one please thanks.
I think the fact is that if they roll out another PVP server it will be another "take it the way we give it to you, and STFU and like it you worthless piece of shit" scenario, like red1.0 has been.

And I get really tired of people saying "well you don't pay for it so you gotta eat a dick!" its like, okay. If I could pay money to get a good server I would, but it's not an option so I'm not.

I certainly can't afford to pay a programming team to go through and fix all the problems that project 1999 has fixed over the course of 10 + years to set up an alternative server.

So YEAH I am left with whatever p99 staff chooses to do.

We want to contribute and offer feedback to make the server as functional as possible but most of us don't feel like the feedback is being heard, so it hurts my feelings. I know that staff seems to listen to high level raiding guilds because of all the crazy ass rules they have on blue99 to support their raid desires. I don't know at what level a person or guild becomes a "Factor" enough for staff to choose to communicate with you. That also makes a person feel bad.

Making me want to move on hard to splatoon 2 but shit damn I like hanging out in kelethin.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-21-2020, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not sure what's the rationale behind prohibiting "intentionally causing exp loss". It's player versus player, and making the other lose exp certainly falls into the "versus" category.

Same for training. I never understood why training can be a bannable offense on red. It's just another way of utilizing environment for PvP, like LoS, water dodging, guard faction or Z-axis.

Everything should be allowed except blatant game-breaking exploiting / MQ and such.
Old 12-21-2020, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the best approach is the Wild Wild West option. No rules, let the server police itself. Balance is bland. The forces of good and evil should be free to battle each other for supremacy. It would be way more engaging imo and the thrill of victory against all odds would be increased ten fold. The chaotic neutral server police faction would be fun as fuck imo
Kunark only iksar only jungle PVP with zero rules that aren't hard coded. Dreaming of a year or 2 of excellent battle.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-21-2020, 05:09 PM
Banned

if i had a dollar for every stupid bard i made zone on red with my wizard id have enough to take luls out to red lobster

literally just nuke them as they travel THE SAME CIRCLE over and over
Old 12-21-2020, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

The most fun I ever had on this server was a flowers of happiness friendly wizard porting for clarity killing anyone I felt like targeting. I’m not a raider or super obsessed with bis gear so my personal opinion is probably skewed and does not matter but as a casual player I had a lot of fun on red over the years and raided maybe 5 times total since 2011
Old 12-21-2020, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure what's the rationale behind prohibiting "intentionally causing exp loss". It's player versus player, and making the other lose exp certainly falls into the "versus" category.

Same for training. I never understood why training can be a bannable offense on red. It's just another way of utilizing environment for PvP, like LoS, water dodging, guard faction or Z-axis.

Everything should be allowed except blatant game-breaking exploiting / MQ and such.
I think it is because it is too easy for only 4 or even 2 people to permanently disrupt most raids if training is allowed. You can ruin a 100 man raid group with a couple good people dropping NPC's on them. Not sure if there is a way to combat that without rules. Maybe. Well I guess if it was permadeath start at bind at level 1 people wouldn't be able to keep up the trains?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-21-2020, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Also I would be super duper pissed if I got a two week ban for rooting a bard in city of mist. Seems mega dumb and disgusting. I'm pretty upset right now just thinking about it you can probably tell from the back to back multi-posts.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-21-2020, 05:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the best approach is the Wild Wild West option. No rules, let the server police itself. Balance is bland. The forces of good and evil should be free to battle each other for supremacy. It would be way more engaging imo and the thrill of victory against all odds would be increased ten fold. The chaotic neutral server police faction would be fun as fuck imo
instead, red got blubie retards like Gade, Amelinda and eunomia and the forgettably named later guides policing OOC for using normal words like PraS and flame agate
Old 12-21-2020, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

I rooted a bard once. They deserved it.. were foolishly training the entirety of EK. Another time @ aviaks. It's honestly fair play. People should play more carefully on red. Pull more carefully, thoughtfully etc. A lot of pixel entitlement going around on all the EMUS. Reds no exception sadly. People think they can do whatever. With zero consequences.

U probably got banned for interfering with a VIP.

It's way worse on live.

Same shitshow in MM on green and probably Crystal Caverns on blue.

Imma say sorry you got banned. Common sense is lacking with so much these days and anger and jealousy rules. You should have been fine to root em for being greedy. And reckless.
Last edited by magnetaress; 12-21-2020 at 05:29 PM..
Old 12-21-2020, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Never heard of ropethunder but look at this guy engaging on p99 red forum

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=34744

Looking back to project 2011
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread