Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 02:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just kind of wondering what to do. It feels almost impossible to play on this server without stepping on the toes of others here. Does anyone else ever feel...I guess "boxed in" would be the term to use? Most everything worthwhile in the game is camped 24/7, and problems arise even when trying to find the most out of the way places to go.
If I take my level 50+ to some zone in order to farm something where people are xping I usually throw my intentions into /ooc. Looking to farm the bargles from the Spronglinks is anyone on them, etc that kind of thing.
Old 03-08-2021, 05:45 AM
Fire Giant

Appreciate the comments everyone. I'm going to just try and go with the flow. The good thing about being a wizard is, if something's being camped or crowded, I can just pop on over to try another spot. There's always gotta be *something* open, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you ever consider Red? If you play lots of solo, it is perfect.
I will say up-front that I do like to solo a lot. But that said, for all the struggles and congestion of Green right now, I just still kind of prefer to a server like Red. It is nice to be able to get all the camps you want, but at the end of the day it just feels lonely. I do genuinely like being surrounded by other fans of EQ and knowing that there are people around me even in a place like Neriak Third Gate. The potential to relive some of the fond memories I had, like hanging out at a bar with people and chatting, is most likely to happen on a place like Green.

Plus I still dream of seeing a raid one day, and I was told straight-up that it would not happen for me on Red. Not to mention the last time I tried Red, some dude was getting griefed repeatedly (PvP kills are announced server wide) and that kinda scared me off. xD
Old 03-08-2021, 08:43 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Turns out just now there *was* someone exping down there, and he specifically asked me not to kill any skeletons. I felt bad and tried to leave the place, but a skeleton accidently aggro'ed and I think that pissed him off even after telling him such. He didn't respond and just left himself, and I felt extremely bad.
You need to remember that many people on the server have their own social/personal issues and/or are suffering due to the pandemic. Just be up front and friendly with people, and try to work a compromise. If you do that and someone still flips out, then chalk it up to them having issues as opposed to being your fault.

When in the situation you described, a potential win/win solution is for you to power level the other player on their kills and then come to an agreement on how to split the loot.
Last edited by cadoipi; 03-08-2021 at 08:50 AM..
Old 03-08-2021, 10:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol.

no one plays mmos to play alone.
Demonstrably untrue.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Trying to play without stepping on toes here.
As far as I know, this is not possible.
Old 03-09-2021, 11:26 AM
Aviak

Sounds like you did your best. Can't make everyone happy all the time.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:44 PM
Banned

Welcome to Green
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-09-2021, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*gestures to plethora of solo-tuned custom EQ servers on EQEMU*
*gestures to their player count*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Demonstrably untrue.
"massive multiplayer online"

The point is to play with people. Even if you're a soloist you're undoubtedly a part of some community.

Now sure just like if I were to say "no one wants to kill children" you could accurately point out that it's not technically true. But the point is that the statement applies to almost everyone. 99.99% of people are playing MMO's and not specifically going out of their way to ignore the presence of other players. They are social games first and foremost. Hence the placement of MMO in MMORPG.
Last edited by Xer0; 03-09-2021 at 01:01 PM..
Old 03-09-2021, 01:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"massive multiplayer online"

The point is to play with people.
For you. Not for everyone. The game supports MM.
Old 03-10-2021, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

It's fun how like 97% of mobs in the game are just completely ignored and not touched and the playerbase ends up fighting over the remaining 3%. And someone was trying to tell me this isn't bad game design. Ridiculous.
Closed Thread