Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2021, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remezx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It took years on blue because they were still in development, and on green they are on official release schedule.
That begs the question then, once Green catches up to Blue in era/content, what will differentiate the two servers?
Old 07-02-2021, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Green has no pet window and also no tab target cycling either. Have also heard green will never get custom UIs but I dont know how true that is. Currently cannot duck cancel spells on green but I believe that comes sometime in Velious.

There will always be differences between the two
Last edited by Kavious; 07-02-2021 at 11:46 AM..
Old 07-02-2021, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green has no pet window and also no tab target cycling either. Have also heard green will never get custom UIs but I dont know how true that is. Currently cannot duck cancel spells on green but I believe that comes sometime in Velious.

There will always be differences between the two
Which isn’t really a big deal if you think about it. We’ll be in Velious for what, like a year before the final Velious patch drops? Then it will merge to blue
Old 07-02-2021, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which isn’t really a big deal if you think about it. We’ll be in Velious for what, like a year before the final Velious patch drops? Then it will merge to blue
You make it sound as if Green is a ladder server that's scheduled to reset and start over.
Old 07-02-2021, 01:25 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You make it sound as if Green is a ladder server that's scheduled to reset and start over.
I'm pretty sure it is? I thought I read that somewhere.
Old 07-02-2021, 01:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's my understanding. It was named Green because they plan to recycle it.
Old 07-02-2021, 02:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
That begs the question then, once Green catches up to Blue in era/content, what will differentiate the two servers?
nothing
Old 07-02-2021, 02:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synphul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's my understanding. It was named Green because they plan to recycle it.
you are mislead then. it is not merging or starting over. it was a fresh boot for those that missed blue is all.

The rumors of merging or stupid. we are allowed one acct to play on. Hence they would have to delete the other acct or remove toons to make a merger work because you aren't allowed over 8 toons on one account. And many people named their toons same name. so they would get a nifty e added to a toons name if it's a different account or one of the rooms would be deleted if on same account.

Basically can't merge
Old 07-02-2021, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

They have walked back the talk of merging it into Blue. That server has too many unclassic elements that they won't remove at this point due to them being part of the server for so long, and a broken economy from 5 years of Seafuries and plat dupes.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 07-02-2021, 03:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFriend99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you are mislead then. it is not merging or starting over. it was a fresh boot for those that missed blue is all.
Show me the dev post that states this, because there have only been devs posts stating they were planning to merge and recycle green and posts indicating they are contemplating a different solution.
Closed Thread