Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Banned

Devs take as much time as you need dealing with RL things and don't listen to the people crying for VP to be released. Real life always comes first and foremost and when that is settled take all the time you need to make a fine tuned and polished encounter.

Besides this gives TMA ample time to farm keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ektar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the top guilds should make friends with each other incase one wipes so another can raid and get their corpses back.

I don't see why this is can't happen.
I for one would drag corpses for TR any day of the week if it meant we could be civil to each other during raids rushes.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I for one would drag corpses for TR any day of the week if it meant we could be civil to each other during raids rushes.
I have a feeling you're not the only one with that thought. The problem is, eventually one of you will have to concede the race to a target. Someone has to physically lose at some point, and the reaction/aftermath from that loss would drive future sentiment.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quellren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yo can get to 60 in about 6-7 hours of playtime on EZ server, and use the bot to port you into VP if you want to look around. You don't even need a key. I think.

I haven't looked at it a while, but if it's still up, Ashenback (the practice-raid server by P99 players) auto levels you to 50 with all visible planar gear and epic 1.0, the exp rate is absurd. You could probably level 50-60 in a few hours. (I duoed mag/clr 50-54 in like 90 mins)
You'd just have to get the key =(
Thanks for the info! I'll check those out
Old 07-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

there was heavy sarcasm and resentment in my tone :P
Old 07-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a feeling you're not the only one with that thought. The problem is, eventually one of you will have to concede the race to a target. Someone has to physically lose at some point, and the reaction/aftermath from that loss would drive future sentiment.
As a child all through out high school and into college I played in some sort of athletic league usually wrestling. (no homo)

When ever we had a meet we tried our hardest to win and/when we lost I never got upset at the person who beat me. Keep in mind this is not sitting at a computer hitting buttons this is some 7 foot mongoloid manhandling you on the mat in front of your girlfriend, and if I ever acted like a sore loser both my father and coach would kick my ass.

Now i'm not saying I don't get mad when we lose Trak and i definitely will call out the reasons why we lost such an encounter but I would never seriously rage at another guild and deny them a rezz or a drag during a CR unless the mob is still in contention.

You don't see professional athletes rage at other teams after games and that how i would like to see this server behave.

Now you might ask "but Tiggles you talk the most trash out of anyone in your guild" And I would agree with you, but none of it is with venom I enjoy the competition and what I enjoy more is eliciting a reaction out of people who think we are sworn enemies.

I did an experiment the other day when I got my sky haste belt.

I linked it to Hasbinbad and called him a scrub and he replied in the same joking manner and when he got his via the GM event I called it Charity Haste. He knew i was ribbing him on and we had a funny back and fourth conversation.

I linked it to Shiftin and he blew up tells/ooc flaming me linking items from his guild and explaining how he passed on that belt 8 months ago and why a RBG is better and i'm a scrub etc etc to the point where the GM who was hidden in the zone mentioned something to me.

I would expect Hasbinbad to drag my corpse if needed but Shiftin would probably drag it under trak if given the chance.

Both guilds have their Hasbinbads and their Shiftins

Who are YOU?
Old 07-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Banned

jesus christ, can we get a few more options in there? i don't think i want to be sinbad or shiftin.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytewind TP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old times required that you finished the whole thing. You couldn't port out nor exit the way you entered. Sort of an all or nothing expericence, but they changed that (Luclin-LDoN time frame?) All that being said not alot of people have gone through there except for big raiders, others were worried about losing there corpse/gear.
We just bound our guild together, dueled, died, dueled at bind, died, ressed in for corpse, resed out for exit.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

I think TR and TMA should merge into one super zerg guild with intentions of completely monopolizing every single meaningful item camp in the game. You could call it The Mystical Tranny Ascension Rampage and not let any other guild on the server claim a single target.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

There is at least 1 server floating around where most GM commands are fully enabled.

If you are just interested in looking around new places or getting the hang of certain maps it's a fun tool.

I was never able to get the GM invis command to work so things that are not green will agro but you can just level yourself to 85, summon any gear you want and use any spells in the game to plow through them and actually see the sites undisturbed.
Also many boss mobs will not be up by default. For example, most of the bosses in PoP need to be summoned via GM command.

While it is quick to level up on EZ server, since it's not a realistic EQ experience and you are probably not interested in investing time in the character, this is maybe a better alternative.

This is also a great server for making EQ movies or just grabbing fun screenshots of hard to reach locations and mobs.
Last edited by guineapig; 07-08-2011 at 11:31 AM.. Reason: forgot what the level cap was
Old 07-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is at least 1 server floating around where most GM commands are fully enabled.

If you are just interested in looking around new places or getting the hang of certain maps it's a fun tool.

I was never able to get the GM invis command to work so things that are not green will agro but you can just level yourself to 75, summon any gear you want and use any spells in the game to plow through them and actually see the sites undisturbed.
Also many boss mobs will not be up by default. For example, most of the bosses in PoP need to be summoned via GM command.

While it is quick to level up on EZ server, since it's not a realistic EQ experience and you are probably not interested in investing time in the character, this is maybe a better alternative.

This is also a great server for making EQ movies or just grabbing fun screenshots of hard to reach locations and mobs.
That'd be awesome, I just want to ghost around and see the zones really. It'd be fantastic to fight in them one day though.