Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Fire Giant

Warrior: 95% auto-attack and 5% knowing the few tricks there are to the class. The things required to be a succesful warrior aren't really related to the class or skill, just overall game knowledge and resources. If you gear correctly and have a good grasp of the content and game mechanics, you have everything it takes to play a warrior. The class is so primitive that there's next to no room for skill to be a factor.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarshale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
necro is pretty easy mode, at least in terms of outdoor kiting. slow+dot+pet attack, run in circles for a few minutes, repeat
Does fear kiting not work on this server?
Old 08-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Fire Giant

it works quite well.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feachie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it works quite well.
Ok, I figured it would. I just haven't seen it done here personally, and all I ever seem to read about is necros running around letting mobs chase them while their pets beat on them.

I always think to myself, "Man they're idiots or fear doesn't work here."
Old 08-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Fire Giant

if it's white con or higher i dont really try to fear, too inefficient due to resists so just aggro kite it. maybe that will improve with the next rank of the spell.

also, playing wow as any kind of pet class kinda fucks it up for playing a pet class here. wtb growl for my skel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-19-2011, 11:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by andvarion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, I figured it would. I just haven't seen it done here personally, and all I ever seem to read about is necros running around letting mobs chase them while their pets beat on them.

I always think to myself, "Man they're idiots or fear doesn't work here."
Fear kiting has its place, used mainly by those who have not yet mastered how to kite correctly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Necro Fear kiting Vs Necro standard kiting

I'm off to the pub...you guys work it out

<Europa> 2010 - 2015

To my fans!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ww1-mod-ar...ene-phone-call

Hustle my haters! hustle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLDitGAUrno
Old 08-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Rogue. It's basically mashing a few buttons and bragging about backstabs.

Until the team/raid dies you don't know how good the rogue is (corpse retrieval).
Old 08-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

I dont think wizard is easy at all. you have to time your spells depending on the tank and how he is holding aggro for starters. You have to be able to judge the length of the fight and how many spells you can cast with enough time to regen before the next fight. You need to know the different resistances of various mobs to know which spell to cast. And you need to be able to tab out and watch netflix while meditating with the ability to pop back in and nuke without your group/raid knowing.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And you need to be able to tab out and watch netflix while meditating with the ability to pop back in and nuke without your group/raid knowing.
Is having a 2nd monitor cheating?
Old 08-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deakolt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what do you guys think requires the least skill?

Soloing - Magician

Grouping - Wizard/Magician

Dungeon Crawling - Wizard/Magician

Raiding - Toss up between Wizard/Magician probably
This list makes it look like you either never played a wizard or never played with a good one.

A good wiz in addition to nuking will have stuns up to prevent heals, be rooting for CC if other CC isn't available, and be on point for evacs. The timing of an evac will either have the group loving you when you save their shit or hating you when most of them died or they felt the situation was controllable.

I've played Rogues live and here, they may have more button pushes but it certainly isn't as skillful. Most melee unless pulling just autoattack and tap the same button repeatedly when it pops.
Closed Thread