Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 07:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made a post about this a month ago

Pulling as a monk because of this can be a nightmare

I was told it was 'classic"
How is it classic?

Like I said wayback old school nagafen/vox strats or old Dozekar fights and you'll see the placements for non-tank classes are behind walls
Old 03-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bug section imo.

Really this is fucked up. To my understanding they had to change the way ae's work because certain guilds would "corner" a boss to use geometry to avoid ae. They changed the mechanic of AE in order to fix that (non-classic, but addresses the problem), but this situation is definitely a non-classic side effect.

Please find another way to deal with "cornering" so that the kind of situation Aba presents doesn't happen. This is extremely non-classic and makes life extremely difficult for small rogues trying to sneak through packed dungeons.
Maybe Aba should do his research more before eh, Hasbinbad? Oh, sorry, wrong thread. /duck
Old 03-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

2 things to remember that emulators don't have that live does: Pushback and solid walls. As a 2nd side note, I killed Nagafen an ass ton, post hate/sky. And not a single wall in solb blocked Nagafen's AE, we even tried pulling him to the bridge once above stone spider... This wasn't an issue on Vox cause if you tried to pull her out of the lair she would glitch, fall into the basement and rape everyone. Same for Innoruuk, VP, & Trak. This wasn't a change I called for without some consensus among sources.

Most AE's in Velious were blockable with the exception of Zlandicar & Yelinak who used a non-LOS ae's. I tried healing Yelinak from the other side of the wall where the golem stood and received a very rude realization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Large Bat

People used to wall that shapeshifter fight in Kunark (the dude in ChardokB) to avoid his ae also, I think. Though I don't know if that was avoidance via Z-axis or otherwise.

Mob was called Korucust.

edit: When I did it we'd stick casters downstairs by his guard spawn points, IIRC. In range of the AE but they didn't get hit because of the wall.
Last edited by Kuld; 03-28-2010 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: info
Old 03-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Lol ChardokB isn't Kunark
Old 03-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Large Bat

The overking's AE did not go through walls. He was original Kunark.

I have absolutely no doubt about this - used to act in a group that farmed him for singed scrolls. The only question I might have is if this was changed - we farmed him nonstop from PoP onward. I assume his AE behavior was the same in Kunark but I cannot state that as a fact.

--edit--

In case someone asks, we were farming the overking for the singed scroll multiquest sale rights.
Last edited by L0stman; 03-28-2010 at 09:51 PM..
Old 03-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Large Bat

I was unsure when CharB came out, that's the only example I could remember from Kunark. I know VS in Karnors had an AE but don't recall if it was avoidable via walling or not (though its an outdoor zone I think so maybe it wasn't).
Old 03-28-2010, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is it classic?

Like I said wayback old school nagafen/vox strats or old Dozekar fights and you'll see the placements for non-tank classes are behind walls
Post said evidence please.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AEs did NOT go through walls in Classic. That's the whole point of moving mobs to places you could put healers around the corner.
Not completely, in outdoor zones mobs could AE through walls and indoor they could not. This is why raid bosses in outdoor zones were a little more tricky. The problem is that this distinction doesn't work on Emu. I believe before they had it so that mob AEs were blocked by walls in any zone, which made fights like Dracolich much much easier than they were in Classic, as you couldn't wall the AE like you could here. I believe they just reversed this and allowed mobs to AE through walls anywhere.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Fire Giant

Default ..

Quote:
Most AE's in Velious were blockable with the exception of Zlandicar & Yelinak who used a non-LOS ae's. I tried healing Yelinak from the other side of the wall where the golem stood and received a very rude realization.
I think you're right on zlandi, however I remember being able to block yelinek ae, their's a spot in back of lair where we would place rotation clerics since he was on a risen platform of some kind their was a dropoff and you could place clerics over the ledge and not get hit with ae. It was a very long time ago and it may have only worked once they put in the extended range focus but I definitely know yeli ae is avoidable.
Closed Thread