Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Yes, please don't allow this to continue. It's terrible [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-23-2011, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Terrible players will stay terrible. Good ones will learn new classes quickly (if they don't know the class already).

I fail to see the problem if someone wants to swap their ____ for ____ or even buy an account with in-game items/cash. Making someone mash through 10 levels of rats and snakes won't teach them anything. Plus the rich will just have their friends PL them or equip fungi tunics. Talk about the "spirit of the game", Seb Croaking Dirk & Fungi at level 1?

The logic that trading/selling will destroy the low and mid game is extremely speculative. People are making alts all the time and half of them are just as clueless as 1999.

On that note, I have a lvl 23 necro for sale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Since he's a lowbie and has shitty gear you can enjoy getting trained at the dock in the Oasis all day long. He has a great rep because I'm anti-social. La~!
Old 10-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Kobold

This has been gone over like 100 times with no response from the staff. I agree, it's rather stupid to not allow RMT but then see people in EC /auctioning accounts for platinum. Might as well allow RMT if people are going to be selling accounts openly anyway.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

The horse is dead..stop beating him. Anyone who can afford to buy a character has already spent plenty of time on the "journey" and if they would rather buy a character than level another than who are you to say no?

Not to mention eq is old...99% of the people here played the game to death back on live...which means they know how to play most the classes in the game. And if they don't this is not rocket science, its EQ.

If you don't like char sales than there are a few things you can do. Avoid the trade forum .

Avoid EC, which you should be anyways since buying and selling things detracts from the "journey" as you didn't farm everything for your character yourself.

God forbid someone plays the game in a way in which you do not agree with.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The horse is dead..stop beating him. Anyone who can afford to buy a character has already spent plenty of time on the "journey" and if they would rather buy a character than level another than who are you to say no?

Not to mention eq is old...99% of the people here played the game to death back on live...which means they know how to play most the classes in the game. And if they don't this is not rocket science, its EQ.

If you don't like char sales than there are a few things you can do. Avoid the trade forum .

Avoid EC, which you should be anyways since buying and selling things detracts from the "journey" as you didn't farm everything for your character yourself.

God forbid someone plays the game in a way in which you do not agree with.
Allowing character selling for platinum just leads right into RMT and if RMT isn't allowed neither should character selling.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Allowing people to drive leads right into accidental deaths, accidental deaths are bad and therefor people should not be allowed to drive.

Your logic is UNfalliable sir.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

EQ is a social game. Characters have unique personas, and reputations. Character trades destroy these wonderful aspects of the game. This is my issue with it.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Banned

First you complain about Abacab's name now you're throwing a fit about this?

Dude, account sales are going to happen whether they allow them or not, this just saves a lot of unneeded banning and hassle.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Allowing people to drive leads right into accidental deaths, accidental deaths are bad and therefor people should not be allowed to drive.

Your logic is UNfalliable sir.
That is the dumbest post I've ever seen here.

1. It's not classic.
2. It's fucking annoying having people spamming characters for sale in game because it's not classic.
3. It expands the amount of characters available to be bought and sold which encourages people to buy platinum to obtain them (this invalidates your stupid comment about anyone who has platinum has played here a long time).
4. It's not classic.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

If you will notice my post is a exact copy of your logic...the fact that you say it is dumb is ironic at the very least.

1. It is classic. just because it was not allowed by sony does not mean a lot of people did not do it and enjoyed it as part of their eq1 experience. Guess what..you're not supposed to be playing this emu either according to sony...and yet here you are.

2. /ignore is a wonderful feature, and character sales spam is no more annoying than normal sale spam.

3. No matter what you do people will cheat. Guess what! RMT is against the rules...yet people still manage to get it. Guess what! Make char sales illegal and they will still get them. Making something illegal does not make it go away sorry.

4. See #1

5. You are a moron