Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Sarnak

I got to 60 with one of those, dunno what's wrong with everyone. Barding's easy!

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ym5RTbksiNA?version=3&amp;hl=fr_FR"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ym5RTbksiNA?version=3&amp;hl=fr_FR" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 04-19-2012, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Bards I think are second only to rangers in the rarest class 50+. I think every raiding guild has bards listed as a high priority on recruiting page. As someone before mentioned, most people use a bard for their mule since selos is really nice when carrying tons of platinum which is likely why you see so many online in the low level ranges.

I suspect people rarely stick it out bards b/c it requires constant pressing of buttons to play one well as others have hinted at in this post. That said they can swarm kite to 50 pretty quick (I think you can find a guide to this on the p99 wiki or somewhere on these forums if you are unfamiliar)
Old 04-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When it comes to Barding, only the strong survive. And boy did I ever survive.
On Blue server.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, selo's/CoB can let you carry a ton of Plat w/o binding you to the ground
and look pimp as shit at the same time wearing lambent and other rainbow bard armor
Old 04-20-2012, 04:35 AM
Aviak

Coming back to EverQuest on p99 and choosing a bard main, I have seen a good number of my peers as I've leveled so far. Besides myself, they have all been twinks of varying degrees. This leads me to believe that yes, bards at low levels may be popular at the moment (easy to level while solo, little investment of time for big rewards) but I imagine the higher up you get, the less 'real bards' will be seen.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:36 AM
Planar Protector

Bards are no fun in a group if you play one well. Twisting 3 songs or more for hours, switching instuments, songs, never being able to type in replys or tells sucks day in day out.

Yeah if you want to sing Healing song and go afk all the time like a lot of them do fine. But to play the hell out of one is a pain in the ass. And running in circles for hours a day solo gets old also. Don't sound fun to me.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:15 AM
Kobold

Everyone sees bards kiting 60 mobs and they want to make one. They usually make it to 40ish before they give up. Then bards seem to disappear around 56-57. It's very odd.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone sees bards kiting 60 mobs and they want to make one. They usually make it to 40ish before they give up. Then bards seem to disappear around 56-57. It's very odd.
I don't know why bards would drop off around 40 unless they are trying to group to level and they get tired of twisting. AE xp is absolutely freaking ridiculously stupid in Overthere up to 46 (I'm talking about 2 whole levels from a 60-75 minute pull in the mid-30s).

Xp is still fast in DL or BW after that but you have to be much more careful pulling, and the kill itself starts to take forever unless you use your smaller-range AEs (which makes thing more dangerous).

Then after 54 the xp really slows down compared to how much you lose if you make one small mistake, so that explains why the 55+ bards are so rare I think.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Remember the EXP curve is really stacked towards the end...L60 characters that got deleveled to 54.25 lost 60% of their exp total. Basically, the exp curve is more like a flat line that changes to a brick wall than a "curve".

Another point to put things in perspective: hybrids, at L54 (without racial modifiers), have to earn 80% of the experience a no-mod class (CLR/DRU/SHM) has to earn at L59.

I'm not trying to say it cannot be done, as obviously we have more than a few L60 hybrids out there, but its an amazing feat, and looking at it visually, I have even more respect for those players.

See the attached images for visual representations. Gogo google spreadsheet!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chart_1.jpg (20.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg chart_2.jpg (22.8 KB, 12 views)
Last edited by falkun; 04-20-2012 at 02:35 PM..
Old 04-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

Just imagine the poor iksar/ogre SKs with that race penalty figured into things [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]