Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

I know it shouldn't surprise me but I'm still amazed at how all the people who want no GM intervention are the same people who've been banned frequently for breaking the rules. What gets me is just how transparently self-serving you all are. It makes it hard to take you seriously when your motive is to make red99 an anarchic shithole.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 04-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQtrader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
good idea sam wise lets turn red into eve.. no thanks fiegi is right all item loot is gonna do is turn server into a ghost town for good. people already crying grief this and grief that .. i mean come on people playing already to soft..
In my opinion, its far worse what we have now.

Hardcore twinks making new people lose xp, with them having nothing to gain from pvping hardcore twinks other than losing xp, and once in a while getting the satisfaction of getting one down.

VS

Giving people a set of non-droppable gear (starter, mid level and would add high end set as well) and giving noobs access to looting hardcore twinks if they find a way to trap one 3v1 etc... It would also make twinks think twice about attacking people because they can actually lose that top end gear they are wearing to noobs.

Seriously, give this a 2 minutes thought.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 04-30-2012 at 03:10 PM..
Old 04-30-2012, 03:19 PM
Banned

More like people who need GMs to punish people for the same shit they're doing
Old 04-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Armchair quarterbacking isn't too far off from complaining.

The changes in the past month have been great, but the population had already bottomed out. The server itself has almost everything that a classic red EQ server should have, though.

Anyway, if you hand me the driver's keys (repeatedly, after I throw them back at you several times) here's what I do:

1.) Hot zones (XP). Someone suggested this in another thread, and it is the single best suggestion anyone else has made on this forum. What better way to funnel the low population into the same area and placate the casuals who hate the exp rate here? Active low-mid level pvp might make a comeback.

2.) Prep Kunark and hype the shit out of it. Set a date well in advance. A wipe has too many drawbacks, so this is the next best thing to spike interest and pull players back in.

3.) Consider implementing hard-coded teams. This would break up guilds and piss a few people off, sure, but that change would probably good one for the long-term health of the server. I've never been very high on FFA. RZ was my least favorite of the four red servers (and the least popular). One guild always rises to the top and dominates. Even with just a 2 team setup -- lighties versus darkies -- you ensure better balance there and draw the lines pretty clearly for players to ally or band together.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Sarnak

Teams

Item Loot

Rule enforcement
Old 04-30-2012, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

give me the keys and ill drive this bitch off a cliff

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Kobold

1.) No xp loss on PVP death
2.) On PVP death respawn at bind. Autocast spell which gives DA and Roots/Stuns you for said period of time (2-5 mins?). While rooted/stunned you may sit and med/regen HP.
3.) Increase PVE xp gain on server with "Hot Zones"
4.) Make "Hot zones" change every few weeks to promote grouping/leveling/pvp in different areas
5.) Make guild max size 50 players total (prevent swarm guilds)
6.) Coin Loot
7.) Global /auction and Global /ooc.... This way people can turn off /auction or filter it to a different channel if they don't want to see it.
8.) Make more viability of a lower level character attacking a higher level mob/character... anything yellow or red resists about 60% of spells from my anecdotal evidence.
9.) Teams
Old 04-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Kobold

I'm sure I'll catch all kinds of hell for my ideas but this is just a "what if" thing so here goes.

First, I would make it hard coded teams. Either good / evil giving humans, erudites and maybe gnomes the option to join either or go another route and make each starting city it's own team while maybe removing some of the race/class restrictions.

I would increase the casting time on gate to 30 seconds to make things a little more fair.

I would allow item loot and if at all possible I would disable the ability to un-equip items in combat to prevent bagging. Or I might simply allow bags to be looted.

I would remove all raid content because I personally have no interest in doing it and this is my "what if".

I would do something towards creating a zone control mechanic. Like adding faction aligned wandering NPCs. So if the good team controls south karana a bunch of good-aligned NPCs will wander around the zone agroing on any evil player who comes too close. If the evils kill enough of them the zone control shifts and evil NPCs start to spawn instead of good ones. I don't know---something like that.

I would remove the idiotic hybrid exp. penalty.

I would increase exp. gain some but maybe not too much more.

I would not have exp. loss on PvP death untill above level 45 at which point I would make a really serious hit. So those last 5 levels would always at risk.

And some other really awesome ideas I'm not going to tell you.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:58 PM
Kobold

* Release Kunark

* Release Kunark

* Release Kunark

* Release Kunark

* Release Kunark

* Release Kunark

* Release Kunark

Did I mention release Kunark??? There is absolutely 0 benefit to keep it classic any longer, people that left server will not come back until Kunark is released.. Global OOC was added too late, server feels more alive now with 80 people than it did with 150 2 months ago.. Look for pop to continue to dwindle down in the next 2 months and spike up again when Kunark is released.

I guess I'm not talking how I would run a server, but what we can do to bring people back to this one.. but if it was my server I would immediately insert Kunark and toss this classic timeline out the window

Red99 Graveyard blog updated 4/8, find yourself!
Last edited by hijinks; 04-30-2012 at 05:02 PM..
Old 04-30-2012, 05:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xersius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3.) Increase PVE xp gain on server with "Hot Zones"
4.) Make "Hot zones" change every few weeks to promote grouping/leveling/pvp in different areas
5.) Make guild max size 50 players total (prevent swarm guilds)
7.) Global /auction and Global /ooc.... This way people can turn off /auction or filter it to a different channel if they don't want to see it.
I like these ones, hot zones or Events, would draw in the pvp without a GM having to lift a finger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xersius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2.) On PVP death respawn at bind. Autocast spell which gives DA and Roots/Stuns you for said period of time (2-5 mins?). While rooted/stunned you may sit and med/regen HP.
Do not like this one because if you ever die close to your bind, you need to evac asap before someone finds you and camps you.

I do not like teams because it would be the same imbalance than right now, but hard coded. So if a side gets strong, its more permanent than guilds that come and go.
Closed Thread