Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 11:33 PM
Sarnak

Yo watch out for Lieutenant Dagarok near Crow's in North Qeynos if you turn in a bunch of fangs. He will tap dat ass with some harm for 500 HP. Again, you can fix the faction, but damn watch out.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:59 PM
Fire Giant

I have also had the misfortune of being HT'd by LT Dagarok, he hurts! Probably the biggest baddest Corrupt guard in the main town of Qeynos
Valkommen Farval - 57 Epic Human Preserver
Eddey Lizzard - 53 Iksar Champion
Wiliamm Wallace - 49 Epic Barbarian Rogue
Shaman Epic Faction Service
<Europa>
Old 08-22-2012, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

Qeynos >> Halas. Take the moonstones and turn them in via this quest:
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Moonstones
Old 08-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well you get moonstones in qeynos, which you can then turn into the guy in the bar for blackburrow stout, which you then can drink or sell back at 5 silver-ish per. The corrupt guards, by the time you get KoS hit like wussies and can easily be evaded.
Not all of them....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have also had the misfortune of being HT'd by LT Dagarok, he hurts! Probably the biggest baddest Corrupt guard in the main town of Qeynos
Dagarok is really strong. He's probably the only corrupt guard you need be concerned about, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always did the quest in Qeynos. I tried Halas once as you can also get a couple items to sell and get some extra coin but I never bothered going back after trying it once in Halas. It's a longer run and not worth it and apparently (based upon what others have said) less XP.

If you are turning in Gnoll Fangs you get the Moonstones which you can turn in to Mcneal Jocub in the nearby bar (he's a bartender that wanders back and forth in the bar). He gives you some Blackburrow stout. Sell these and then purchase Honey Mead in quantities of 4. You then go and give these to Tumpy Irontoe who wanders in and out of the bar. This will balance out your negative faction hits with the corrupt Qeynos guards etc. In the end, it didn't really cost you anything as the money you get from the Blackburrow stout pretty much equals the cost of the Honey Mead. Here's a sample of the Honey Mead part below along with the faction adjustments. I have great faction with all guards and merchants so I am guessing the negatives do not outweigh the great faction from killing Gnolls and fang turn ins etc. I believe that if you don't do this part of the quest, then you will become KOS to some of the guards and it makes life miserable..

You say, 'Hail, Trumpy Irontoe'

Trumpy Irontoe says 'Heh? What's yer name? ______? Never heard of ya. Now quit breathin' on me and buy us some [drinks]!'

You say, 'What drinks?'

Trumpy Irontoe says ' Yeah. Gimme a. er. honey mead.'

You say, 'What is honey mead?'

Trumpy Irontoe says ' Yeah. Gimme a. er. honey mead.'

Give him 4 x Honey Mead.

Trumpy Irontoe says 'Beh! Thanks, Skippy. Why don't ya buy yourself one? And. . . get me another!'
Trumpy Irontoe says 'Beh! Thanks, Skippy. Why don't ya buy yourself one? And. . . get me another!'
Trumpy Irontoe says 'BWAH hah hah! I knew you wasn't the loser you. . . appear to be! I will have to tell [Kane]. . all about you. Maybe get you in the gang!'

Your faction standing with Circle Of Unseen Hands got better.
Your faction standing with Merchants of Qeynos got worse.
Your faction standing with Corrupt Qeynos Guards could not possibly get any better.
Your faction standing with Guards of Qeynos got worse.
Your faction standing with Kane Bayle got better.
You gain experience!!
Nice! never knew this part. Thanks.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Orc

Indeed. Awesome followup quest! Thank you!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Sarnak

I did gnoll fangs from 5-12 and was kos with the guards pretty quick but only died once from a guard at level 12.