Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 03:02 AM
Aviak

Staff til epic.

End of story.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:07 AM
Aviak

Also, go ahead and sell your snare whip since the spell is always going to be memmed anyway, casts quickly, and won't even dent your mana bar at higher levels. Spend your 10k getting/upgrading hp and ac in any slot you can. Get str after that.

You already have the Woodsman's, you're set on weapon til epics.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldwin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OK, say you're lv 42. Lammy/WS or Woodsman? Also, at what level do you go to the other option? Extra bonus question... I've got 10k to play with. Current weapons owned are lammy, silk whip of snare, and mosscovered twig. I have no fbss. Whats best to spend the cash on?
Twig is complete garbage. Sell and get wurmy IMO.
Or save up for a staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Kobold

the answer is to buy an fbss immediately... there is no point in getting a super sweet weapon when u already have decent weapons unless u already have an fbss
Old 03-18-2013, 03:11 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not sure where you people are getting this garbage but 2 handers on p99 blue are trash right now.

Woodsman staff until 40 or so when your dual wield/double attack skills up 200+ or so. Duel wielding is always better dps. Wurmslayer is nerfed so get a green jade axe for OH and a lupine dagger for MH.

When you can pull it off get a fayguard parrying dagger from HS and use green jade OH till epics. Anything else is trash, especially two handers even if its woodsman staff.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure where you people are getting this garbage but 2 handers on p99 blue are trash right now.

Woodsman staff until 40 or so when your dual wield/double attack skills up 200+ or so. Duel wielding is always better dps. Wurmslayer is nerfed so get a green jade axe for OH and a lupine dagger for MH.

When you can pull it off get a fayguard parrying dagger from HS and use green jade OH till epics. Anything else is trash, especially two handers even if its woodsman staff.
Do you have any evidence for what you are saying?

Nevermind a relative consensus in this thread, I parsed Woodsman's Staff extensively on my ranger, basically continuously from 40-54. Not only did it outdps dual-wield simply with auto-attack, but with clarity and well-timed nukes during the 2H swing timer it just left dual wield in the dust. I was consistently out-dpsing or matching many of the non-epiced monks I grouped with, particularly in the early 40's before their offensive skills outpace ours.
Last edited by Ephirith; 03-24-2013 at 03:51 PM..
Old 03-25-2013, 02:50 PM
Banned

Not sure what Doors is smoking, anyone who has parsed knows Woodsman Staff is by far the best DPS until epic or VP weapons.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You also get to cast fast spells during those longer 2hb/2hs delay resets.
AFAIK your delay resets when you finish casting.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

i think fbss
Closed Thread