Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

It's not dead and gone, there is a LARGE population of people who love EQ PVP.

They just need a server with a realistic approach.

I will give credit where it is due tho, r99 is pretty rock solid all things considered.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Aviak

What would be a more realistic approach?
Old 10-10-2012, 03:12 PM
Fire Giant

1.Even though the XP has been boosted , doing it MUCH sooner would have retained a higher number of people. I can tell you that most people i do know that played here who quit, did so because of the XP grind being too harsh to match RL time to play.

2. Not to keep rehashing "Compass-Gate" but even if it only took 2 seconds to turn that off, it's 2 seconds they could have used to turn on Yellow Text. YT would at least show people " Yes, pvP happens here! " and maybe remind all the bloobs who set up shop here, that it is indeed a pvp server.

3. Clean up the staff and insert people who actually care about the server and not E-peen status or how to make a few bucks off RMTs. I like Sirken personally and think he can be good for the box.

done for now....
Old 10-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1.Even though the XP has been boosted , doing it MUCH sooner would have retained a higher number of people. I can tell you that most people i do know that played here who quit, did so because of the XP grind being too harsh to match RL time to play.

2. Not to keep rehashing "Compass-Gate" but even if it only took 2 seconds to turn that off, it's 2 seconds they could have used to turn on Yellow Text. YT would at least show people " Yes, pvP happens here! " and maybe remind all the bloobs who set up shop here, that it is indeed a pvp server.

3. Clean up the staff and insert people who actually care about the server and not E-peen status or how to make a few bucks off RMTs. I like Sirken personally and think he can be good for the box.

done for now....
supposedly there was some big project in the works.... wonder how long before we see something

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 10-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Banned

indefinitely
Old 10-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Skeleton

OP, I'm leveling in Crushbone atm, and upto 9. PM if interested and will help each other out. Would be cool to have duomate. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
imo, buy a 46+ character...that's where 95% of the population and pvp are at. Should run you <large 2 topping pizza i believe.

In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, who teaches my hands for war, and my fingers to fight.
(Psalms 143:12-144:1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
To be fair he is making $$, which I can't fault him for. If cheating gets you real money, go for it. Real money > pixels.
[10:53] <@Amelinda> he grabbed my ass and then i broke his nose.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

it's easy, blue nakid server xfers.

lots if smaller guilds burned out there not being able to compete highend content with the FTE rule
Old 10-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Banned

I'm going back to my original trolling gonna say the community is fine, the game is not sustainable beyond nostalgia though. Not without some crazy changes, then you might as well code your own client/server and build your own zones/database for items at that point.

At least for me, I find myself spending too much time to catch up and when I finally do the joy of "catching up" is gone and I fall asleep at the keyboard waiting for stuff to happen.

Super fast xp == bad (no joy in the path to level 60)
old/broken mechanics for classics sake = bad (to many exploits)
poor balance and punished classes = bad (why play a ranger when you can level a necro and a war with uber gear in half the time it would take to get a ranger to 50, then most likely outdamage the ranger with epics and triple attack as a war)

Thats just 3 small things. But the list can go on and on with this game.

Rogean did an awesome job on the database and making the titanium client more "classic like". but... The classic experience is never to be had. Might as well wipe the drawing board clean and invest all the time into a much better updated game with the same depth and "feel" but new tech and less bugs.

Just what I feel like. I'm gonna go back to doing other things till that game comes out or I feel "nostalgia" again.
Last edited by runlvlzero; 10-10-2012 at 09:13 PM..
Old 10-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Banned

lemme know what u find. everything else gets boring after 1 day
Closed Thread