Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-14-2015, 12:48 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Installed, Error 1017
No over clocking and tried WinEQ2.0 after words. No help!
Windows 8.1 Pro
AMD FX-9370 FX-Series 8-Core Black Edition
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SUPERCLOCKED 2048MB GDDR5 DVI HDMI DP Graphics Card 02G-P4-2662-KR
LG+ Internet Provider
Netgear R6250 Smart WiFi Router
No wireless. Connected directly.
1866 Mhz Ram 16 GB
Old 06-14-2015, 08:30 PM
Aviak

Set your DNS to 8.8.8.8 might fix it
Whispering their hidden song.
Then you see what cannot be—
Shadows move where light should be.
Out of darkness, out of mind,
Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:22 PM
Large Bat

Your operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Your pcs technical specs:
Processor: AMD FX-8350 Eight Core Proc
motherboard: ASUS M5A97 LE
soundcard: on board
videocard: EVGA SuperClocked GTX 660
network adapter: Netgear N900
Your ISP (internet service providor): Verizon Fios
The model of your router/modem: Verizon Quantum Gateway G1100

My antivirus is Microsoft Security Essentials
I do not overclock anything on my computer. I tried what the above post said to change my DNS. Still getting the same error.

My old crappy laptop can log in to the character screen(although I had not patched it in awhile so it didn't show any characters but just telling me to patch), but its still further than I can get with my desktop.
Old 06-27-2015, 04:16 AM
Large Bat

to my knowledge, every other computer can log in to the game. I just repatched my laptop and I was able to log in and actually see my characters. Sadly this computer is old and on the verge of death so its hardly playable. I wonder what the difference is?
Old 07-10-2015, 12:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Potential Fix for Error 1017/Crashing back to Login Screen

When I first launched the game after creating a Loginserver account, I could log into the game as far as the server selection list, but once I chose a server and clicked "Play", it kicked be back to the logon screen. Trying again gave me the 1017 'could not login' error.

After reading a bunch of the forums and searching for solutions, it seems to be an issue with the client not understanding modern CPUs. I have an octo-core AMD chip at 4.2Ghz, which is not overclocked. I don't believe overclocking is the issue so much as the client not working with anything over 4Ghz. Under-clocking with the manufacturer's software to about 3.9Ghz resolved the problem entirely and I was able to living and play on all the servers I tried.

I tried a TON of potential solutions listed in these forums and reinstalled Titanium probably about six times in the process. This is the only thing that worked for me. Hope this helps anyone else having the same issue. Cheers!

tl;dr version: Under clock your CPU to less than 4Ghz
Old 07-11-2015, 02:43 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zethican [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I first launched the game after creating a Loginserver account, I could log into the game as far as the server selection list, but once I chose a server and clicked "Play", it kicked be back to the logon screen. Trying again gave me the 1017 'could not login' error.

After reading a bunch of the forums and searching for solutions, it seems to be an issue with the client not understanding modern CPUs. I have an octo-core AMD chip at 4.2Ghz, which is not overclocked. I don't believe overclocking is the issue so much as the client not working with anything over 4Ghz. Under-clocking with the manufacturer's software to about 3.9Ghz resolved the problem entirely and I was able to living and play on all the servers I tried.

I tried a TON of potential solutions listed in these forums and reinstalled Titanium probably about six times in the process. This is the only thing that worked for me. Hope this helps anyone else having the same issue. Cheers!

tl;dr version: Under clock your CPU to less than 4Ghz
How did you underclock? I tried MSI Afterburner to try and do it but it didn't seem to work. I can't say I'm positive I did it correctly so I would like suggestions and I will let you know how it goes.
Old 07-11-2015, 02:49 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I underclocked via my motherboard bios, but I imagine a utility like AMD Overdrive would work, too. There aren't a lot of guides I found for underclocking, but lots for overclocking. I am not very technical minded, but I would recommend small changes at a time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-13-2015, 02:03 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zethican [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I underclocked via my motherboard bios, but I imagine a utility like AMD Overdrive would work, too. There aren't a lot of guides I found for underclocking, but lots for overclocking. I am not very technical minded, but I would recommend small changes at a time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well that did it for me. Thanks for the info. I underclocked it quite a bit and I am now able to log in to EQ on my desktop. Thanks much
Old 07-13-2015, 03:19 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by anardio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well that did it for me. Thanks for the info. I underclocked it quite a bit and I am now able to log in to EQ on my desktop. Thanks much
Glad it worked out for you, too! As an aside, underclocking a couple MHz has made my CPU run about 10 degrees cooler and has way less fan noise. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]