Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Fire Giant

agility is definitely supposed to improve the chance of passing the dodge check

Landazar [50 Magician]
Old 02-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

I believe that the effectiveness dodge, parry, and riposte is based solely on the player's skill level in those abilities. My understanding of agility is that it marginally adds to your avoidance AC (much as your defense skill does) which increases the chance for an attacker to MISS you.

Proc-based weapons are always unreliable, particularly given the P1999 randomizer's propensity for streaky behavior. At mid levels and low to moderate dexterity you're probably better off simply maximizing your damage output. Life can be hard as a Warrior.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 02-05-2013 at 01:14 PM..
Old 02-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Banned

Dual wielding yaks on a warrior is one of the most immersive things you can do on here.

Watch it mister.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

The only extensive parsing I can remember happening with agility (I'd love to see more if someone has it) was from Coprolith and he reported that for every 100 agility you add before you get to 200 (i.e. 80agi to 180agi) you would see your avoidance increase to result in taking ~3% less damage.

So getting an agility buff is wise if you're not at the maximum number of buffs but gearing for agility is a pretty bad idea.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vayder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only extensive parsing I can remember happening with agility (I'd love to see more if someone has it) was from Coprolith and he reported that for every 100 agility you add before you get to 200 (i.e. 80agi to 180agi) you would see your avoidance increase to result in taking ~3% less damage.

So getting an agility buff is wise if you're not at the maximum number of buffs but gearing for agility is a pretty bad idea.
thats some shitty returns. i had no idea monks stacking AGI were doing so because of a myth i mean, it would make sense for a stat to help. i have no proof so i guess myth busted, sad that there is no point of agi past 75 then.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

It's actually really good news for monks. They get to stack AC and block is ridiculous.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

still in shock about the AGI thing. i dont wanna believe it was useless all those years. I DONT BELIEVE IT
Old 02-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Sarnak

Are you telling me Feet like Cat doesn't do shit! That's like the coolest ranger buff!
Old 02-06-2013, 04:33 AM
Planar Protector

Obviously agi did something on live, maybe just not on emu, how about dex, is there any tests on how linked it is to proc ratio? I heard something about code on emu is different and procs are based per minute or some stupid shit like that, does dex have a role in that number?
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Banned

You are going to hafta do the mad research der Smedy.

Right now, and this could just be because they're quarreling with the other blues, but the guys who went to EQ Mac told me with their hand on the Holy Bible that it is harder to hit mobs and for max damage as often on that server. Further, mobs punish the shit outta players damage-wise there.

It doesn't feel too far off here, which is the most I think we can hope for until everything is done content wise. Then... it can be time to really go through hit/ac/miss/resist systems with a fine tooth comb.
Closed Thread